Chapter 3

I looked at the most handsome man I had ever seen. I had always heard his name and read about him. I had never seen him in person and the pictures were no doubt badly done. He looked gorgeous. He wore a suit that seemed tight for his slightly huge arms and he had the most symmetric face. My mouth fell open as I looked at him. There stood the business devil in all his glory. I looked at my father and Bill who had panic and fear written all over their faces.

"Why—why is he here?" I asked slightly feeling panicked.

"Your father, Step- father owes me money. 36 million pounds to be exact." Stefan said as he buttoned his suit and looked at file on the desk.

"Well we don't have that kind of money." I said as I furrowed my eyebrows as I looked at my fathers.

"They need more time to pay it all off, it is true. I thought they will be able to pay it. So, I gave them five months. The third months can't be paid. They don't even one third of the annual payment. I believe you will a talk about my offer to them very soon." He said as he was walking towards me.

"W-Wh-Why?" I asked as he approached me as I looked up at him.

He was tall but, I was not very short either. He must be 6 feet but I was 5 feet and 7 inches. With my heels I was 5 feet 10 inches. His intense gaze on me made my chest warm.

"You are part of it." The devil said in low voice as he stood next to me. I couldn't move or think for a few moments. His hot breath fell on my neck and it sent a shiver down my spine and make my breath hitch.

I looked at my fathers shocked.

"See you soon. Gentlemen." The devil said as he walked out. As soon as the door shut Dad and Bill came over and made me sit on the sofa as they sat on the coffee table opposite me.

"What was he talking about?" I asked as I looked between the two of them, "Please tell me he was lying." I said as I feel shiver going down my spine. My heart racing in fear and anticipation that he was playing a cruel joke on me.

"I am sorry Sweetie he was not lying. We do owe him that money." Dad said as he rubbed my knee.

"I will see the contract and everything. I did law and business." I said.

"You can't change anything. We already signed the deal and also what are you going to do?" Caleb asked. He was standing at the window with whiskey in his hand.

"I will find a loophole in the contract. I can do that. Why didn't you ask me? Why do we owe him this money?" I ask.

"We should talk at home." Bill said as he got up.

"Bill?" Dad asked confused.

"It is too late alright. Everyone should know. We can't hide this any longer." Bill said as he gathered the files and put it in his bag.

Dad hung his head low and started packing up as well.

All of us got up and went home. As soon as we entered the living room. Mom and Damon were already sitting there watching the tv.

"Hey. Why are home so late and sad?" Mom asked as she came over and kissed Bill and hugged Dad and me.

"Mom, I think you should sit down." I said.

Mom and Damon looked confused and switched off the tv. Bill and Dad explained everything to Mom and Damon.

"You did what?" Mom asked angry.

Damon had stayed quiet.

"It was our only choice Liz." Caleb said.

"This was not the only choice you had. Plus you are the reason this all happening." Damon said as glared at Caleb.