Chapter 26

"So, I wrote a letter explaining why I left. How I treated the entire situation so loosely because I was exhausted. It was a toxic thing we had and I had to leave." I said.

"Wow! I- I don't know what to say." Mia said.

"Why didn't you tell us before? We really could have helped you." Cami said as she hugged me.

"I tried my best but, he was not meeting me half way and neither was I easy for him to handle so, I did what was best for everyone." I said.

"But, this entire time. I mean whenever we saw you two together he couldn't keep his eyes off you. It looked so genuine." Mia said.

"Great actor. He deserves an Oscar for that." Cami scoffed.

"So does she." Kira said as she pointed at me.

"I am sorry. I- I couldn't say anything before. I wanted to the time I told you I was getting engaged, the engagement party, the marriage, so many times after that and before that. I had no one to tell. I was afraid if we do something he will take the deal back and everyone would be on the streets. I had to protect the business and my family. When he told me that after the marriage and after the debt is paid I couldn't leave I needed to find the way to leave him. That was our deal. The payment is made and everything will go back to the way it needs to." I sniffed and lips quivered.

Mia, Cami and Kira enveloped me in a group hug.

"Well, you are free and he doesn't know where you are. You are safe." Mia said.

"If he comes for you he will have to go through us." Cami said and I chuckled. She could make anyone laugh and cheer them up.

"Thank you for everything guys. I am so sorry I lied." I said.

"We forgive you. Although we should also ask you to consider acting. You are really good." Kira smirked at me. I grinned and wiped my tears. We began going over the work of the Kristen project with Markler. They had decided to pick a few designers in Austin. We decided to get in contact with Amberleaf, Brittany Allen and Ferrah. They were quite interested in teaming up with a few small boutiques in Marble Falls among other small cities and use the few jewellery sets that suited their latest line. Kira, Mia and Cami had to leave since they had to be in New York for a meeting tomorrow so they left. I was completely fine with it even though Mia asked a whole lot of times if they should stay back. I assured them I was fine.

I finished a little paperwork I had for Markler. I decided to sit on the couch while my Chinese takeout would come. It had been 12 days that I was away. I was sad and that was what was disturbing me the most. I was unhappy in London with Stefan but, the days felt pitch dark here knowing Stefan was away. Knowing I won't see him. I had no idea that leaving London and Stefan would feel bad. I missed Maria too; but, it was Stefan whose face and presence I missed the most. Even though the only time we were friendly was when the week before the gala where we announced that we married to the world. The night I ran away. The night I planned with Kira. The sun was setting and today the sky turned a shade of slight aqua, orange and purple-pink. The aqua reminded me of Stefan's eyes. It was light at first but, when he looked at me they turned dark. They weren't Black. They turned black when he was angry. When he looked at me with the intensity of an emotion I had no idea what is was they were dark. I gulped as I saw the sky turning dark. I sighed. I hope this feeling in my chest every time the sun sets reminding me that it was one more day in Marble falls and not in London. It was like that every morning too. The same sinking feeling reminding me where I was. Away from Stefan. I felt terrible that I was feeling this way. I didn't like him and I know that I did the right the thing but, it didn't feel like it. It was terrible to bear this feeling.