Chapter 16

The next morning I woke up I was tired and my eyes hurt. I walked into the bathroom and saw the dark circles as well as the really puffy eyes. I had a shower and got dressed. I sat in my room and thought about the night before. I wanted to talk to my Dad. I picked up I phone as I took my bag and headed downstairs.

"Hello sweetie. Is everything alright? It has been such a long time since I have talked to you." He said. I knew that we had texted from time to time but, our phone calls were limited and I had done that purposely so that he couldn't catch to any possible sadness that I felt.

"Hey Dad. Everything is fine." I said with my voice sounding hoarse.

"You don't seem fine." He said worriedly, "Did something happen? If it did then I will make sure we bring you back really quickly. We will make sure Stefan can't you back either."

"I am fine Dad the weather just makes my voice sound a little bad is all. I just missed you and everyone and I wanted to ask as to much of the debt had been compensated?" I said.

"Well, we have officially given him 13 million pounds back." He said with relief. Great I thought just 23 million to go.

"That is real progress this way I will be able to come back in no time and be free from the devil." I said.

"I really wish you weren't there sweetie." Dad said sadly.

"Yeah me too." I said softly.

"Diana?" My dad asked.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"If I asked you a couple of questions would answer them truthfully for my sake?" he asked.

"I would never lie to you dad." I said as I put the phone on speaker and sat on the stairs.

"Are you happy there?" he asked.

"Not all the time." I answered.

"Is he not treating you nicely one bit?" he asked his voice laced with such softness. I whimpered.

"No dad. I-I- I have seen him with such a cold demeanour and we don't even have a proper conversation. There is just darkness and I want to come back home to the light after we are able to pay the money back to him." I said as I sobbed.

"He doesn't physically hurt you does he?" he asked as he hesitated. It must have really pained to ask me that one.

"No dad." I answered.

"How about I get Damon to visit our London offices to let you out of the house and away from Stefan. You will at least have a break for a while. That is all I can offer as of now." He said soflty.

"That would be wonderful." I said as I sniffed and wiped my tears.

"I will get Damon on a flight to you as soon as I can." He said.

"Thank you Dad. That would help a lot with all the loneliness." I said.

"Diana, you I love you right?" Dad asked, "I know sometimes you used to wish that your Mom and I could have worked out our differences and see how some of the ways we used act in the presence of others could be fixed and you wouldn't have been able to make your company very rich but, at least you wouldn't have to be a business deal. You would have been happy with your family around you and I know that." He said.

"It is true and Dad I love you for everything you have done and I am okay with the way things turned out before the marriage. He really cornered and bullied us and there was nothing that we could have done. I know we fought and that it matters. But, you are right I would be happy around my family." I said.