Chapter 19

I woke up and I heard voices. I tried to open my eyes but, I couldn't. I tried again but, it was useless. So I decided to listen to the voices I was able to hear.

"How is she?" I heard a voice ask. It sounded so familiar. It made my chest feel warm.

"Obviously not great considering she is in the hospital!" I heard another voice say. That was familiar too.

"Seriously Shut up!" The first voice said angrily.

"Really? I hope you know she is here because of you." The second voice answered with the same tone. I was trying to figure out the voices.

"I said Shut up or I swear to god I will bash your head in!" The first voice said clearly filled with agitation and anger. I let the voice echo in my head. It sounded worried even in though it sounded angry.

"Gentlemen I would suggest you keep your voices down and avoid any activity of violence that cause a commotion to be thrown out the hospital unless you two want to disturb Mrs. Black from her recovery." A third new voice said. That was completely new.

"I'm sorry!" The second voice said.

"Is she is going to be alright?" The first voice said with this hard tone and I felt as if this person talking was looking right at me. My body felt slight warmth. I tried to think who made me feel like this and there was only one pair of eyes recently made me feel like that. Stefan!

"Stefan." I said.

"Diana?" I heard Stefan's voice call.

"Diana!" the second voice called out with such concern and softness like Damon's whenever I was sick as a child.

"Mrs. Black?" The unknown voice also called out. It sounded soft.

Suddenly, I heard movement and someone touching my right hand. The touch shot electricity through my body at such a high speed. I wanted to look at him and I tried to opened my eyes. They felt weak but, I slowly blinked them open and I adjusted to white light shining and the slight blur and finally after blinking a little more I was finally able to adjust to Stefan's gaze on me. It felt warm and comforting. I held onto his hand and I felt his entire arm stiffen.

"Stefan. I don't feel so good. I think I heard Damon. How can I hear him when he is New York? I think I am going crazy." I confessed. He held a blank expression.

"Damon's here." He said curtly. I furrowed my eyebrows and Stefan looked to something in front of him. I turned to my right and saw Damon standing next me with a worried expression.

"Damie?" I asked with a small smile.

"I am here Diana." He smiled at me.

"I missed you." I said.

"I missed you too." He said.

"You are such an idiot!" I heard Stefan say. I furrowed my eyebrows and as he glared at me.

"Wha--" He didn't let me complete as he walked off. That is when I saw a lady in a white coat standing there with a clipboard. I looked at her confused.

"I am glad you are awake Mrs. Black. I am Doctor Pine." She said as she smile at me warmly.

"I am Diana." I said as I smiled at her softly.

"Well, Diana. You haven't been eating for a few days now have you?" She asked.

I sucked in a breath realising I was caught. I just nodded sadly. Damon got up and faced the wall in front of him.

"You were so weak and dehydrated that you fainted. Do you remember that?" She asked.

Then I remembered how everything was spinning in the corridor, it turned white, my knees gave out, my back against the wall and I felt sleepy. Just before sleeping I saw a blurry figure in a grey suit came next to me. I don't remember who was wearing a grey suit but, against the light I felt like my eyes made it seem grey instead of black.