Chapter 27

STEFAN'S POV:

We got news from both the PI's by Thursday. Apparently, Kira who is Diana's sister had the boxes to delivered to Marble Falls. We forced the company to even give the exact address of the delivery. He also said that Kira, Camille and Mia had made a trip to Austin and then hired a car to go Marble Falls. Right now I was in my black Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport Vitesse driving to Marble Falls breaking all possible speed limits. But, I didn't care. It has been 25 days since Diana has left and I might have found her whereabouts later than required. She could be in possible danger if K was also looking for her. The thought of her in his arms as he tries to do something makes my blood boil and I speed up.

My phone rang and I picked it up.

"Black." I said.

"I am sending you a new address. She works there and since it 4 in the evening she will be leaving work in an hour." The PI Luke hired told me. I hung up the phone and put the new address in. I reached just in time. It was five minutes to five. I saw a Red Maserati Grancabrio Sport. I was sure that was her car. I saw the small boutique and got out from the car and went in. I was greeted by a teenage brunette girl.

"How may I help you sir?" She asked as her eyes slightly wavered to something over my shoulder. I looked back and saw and lady slightly on the older side looking at me and as soon as I caught her gaze she looked at the rack in front of her. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"I am looking for a Diana Black." I said.

"I don't know who that is." The girl said as she held on the table edge a little tightly.

"Diana Martin?" I asked.

The girl gulped and her eyes looked scared and I was sure she knew who I was talking about but, was hiding it. She shook her head.

"You ha-" I heard the rumble of an engine and looked at the Maserati. Diana was sitting in the front and was about to drive off. I looked at the girl whose eyes widened as she looked at me and then the car through the boutique window. I huffed as I ran out to the car and started it up to catch up with Diana. She was speeding away. It was clear she was running away. I sped down the road on her tail.

DIANA POV'S:

I packed my bag and heard a loud engine sound. That was weird. I looked out the window and saw Stefan getting out of the Bugatti. I snatched my bag and told Lydia who was talking to Gloria.

"I need to go through the back entrance the husband I told you about is here. Just make sure he doesn't know I was here." I say. Lydia and Gloria nod their heads understanding the gravity of the situation. I run out of the boutique and look out from the alley wall to see Stefan enter the boutique. I quickly rush to the car and start it. I wince at the loud rumble. I ignore looking back and I just start driving. When I look at the rear view mirror I can clearly see that the Bugatti was trying to catch up to me. Instead of taking the right turn back to the house. I take a left towards the highway to leave the city. I speed down and the roads begin to become barren. I realise that I can't see the Bugatti after a while. I exhale and still go down the road speeding. I can't believe that he found me. Kira said he would never find out. How in the world did he find out where I am. I am pretty he is furious too. My car came to a sudden halt and then I realised the tank is empty. Damn it! I hit the steering wheel. I looked through the rear view mirror to see the road was still empty. I had to keep going. I put my bag on my shoulders and began walking. I kept looking back to see if another car was approaching so that I could hitchhike. Nothing was there. I huffed as I continued walking. I knew it was getting late so I hugged the jacket. Stefan's jacket might I add. What a day to wear his jacket and now he is on my tail. Maybe, I lost him entirely. I was really good at getting away and now he couldn't find me. That would a great achievement of sorts. I heard the sound of wheels and tried to signal to hitchhike and as the drew came in clear view I realised it was a black Bugatti. I froze and then realised it was coming in my direction. I began running. Full on sprint. Soon the car went past me and stopped exactly horizontal. Stefan got out of the car. I stopped in my tracks. He wore a black outfit. That is all I tried to notice before I sprinted in the other direction. I could hear his footsteps as well. I glanced back and saw him running towards me. I ran faster as I felt my lungs burn and my feet feel sore already. I glanced to see him being too close to grabbing me. I ducked down and away from his grasp. I ran back in the direction I was running. I was running to his car that was causing a road block. I ran and as soon as I reached his car I was pulled back by elbow and my slammed into the car. I closed my eyes. I wanted this to be a really vivid dream that I could wake up from.