Chapter 8

I looked at myself in the mirror sadly. I was standing in front of the mirror wearing the most beautiful dress I could ever imagine. It was a day for people to celebrate but, all I could think about is how from this day forth I would leave home and be trapped in London with the devil. I was wearing the white gown which made me feel like the most beautiful princess. But, all I could think about was myself seeming so sad.

"Wow!" Mia said from behind. I turned around and looked at my best friends.

"You look like a literal princess." Cami said.

"Why the long face though?" Kira asked. She can see whenever I am sad.

"I feel like moving to London will cause us to drift apart. I mean I even game up my post as co- ceo and now I am only going to be a stakeholder." I said as I pouted at them.

"Honey! You will always be with us. And you will always be the co-ceo. We will find more projects in London just to meet you." Mia said, "We can't live without you." They all came and gave me a hug.

"I just wish that idiot of your fiancé gets a hard time from you because you had to quit your job because of him." Kira said.

I chuckled a little (fake of course.)

"I didn't quit my position because of him." I said.

"Well whatever it is. We are going to miss you so much." Mia said.

"Mia I swear to god if you cry you will ruin your own makeup and cause everyone in the room to cry. I am not sitting in the chair again and letting you poke my eyes again." Cami threatened her.

"Okay. Okay. I won't." Mia said as she sniffed and held her head high.

"Hey. You know maybe we could cry after the wedding is entirely over." I said.

"So, it's decided we ruin our makeup after the wedding only?" Kira asked.

"Yes." Cami said. Once again was were having a group hug.

"You girls look so pretty." Dad said as he walked in with Mom.

"Mr. Martin we aren't going to prom. We are selling our sister to the devil." Cami said.

Dad and Mom looked at me a little wide eyed. I stiffened as well.

"S-S-Selling?" Mom asked.

"We are selling her to holy matrimony." Mia said. We all exhaled.

"You guys looked so nervous. Diana can never be sold." Kira said as she walked over to Dad and gave him a hug. Dad's cousin was a drunkard and Kira's mom had died when she was young. Her father and mom were in a car accident because her Dad was drunk when they were driving home. Kira had begun living with us since then.

"Sweetie you look beautiful." Mom said as she hugged me. I hugged her tightly and I smiled at her.

"Well, you girls all look so beautiful. But, we are running low on time." Bill said as he walked in.

"We will go now." Mia said and all of them walked off.

"We are sorry honey." Dad said as cupped my face in his hands.

"I agreed and I tried to get us out of the mess. He trapped us none of it was your fault." I said as I looked at Dad and Bill.

"We hope you can come back really soon to us soon." Bill said as he came and gave me a hug and kiss on the cheek.

"I love you all." I said as we got a group hug.

"Now, we don't want to be late." Mom said as she fixed my hair last minute. Mom walked out the room.

I stood behind the doors and I made sure that I was breathing. I remembered Dad's word who was standing next to me. Deep breaths Diana, you can do this. I closed my eyes and focused on my breath. When our cue was on the doors opened as did my eyes. Bill was standing near the alter and he was going to join the walk down the aisle as well. The music was beautiful I remember how my grandparents used to dance together whenever this song came on. They said my grandma and Mom both walked down the aisle when they played this song. I had never told Jennifer that the song to walk down the aisle was going to be this. Bill linked his arm with me on the other side. I smiled at him. I thought that maybe Stefan had chosen this song. I looked over at him and he was not even looking at me. He had a straight face and was looking down. I looked down sad. I will never find happiness with him and I knew that. When we finally reached the alter Dad and Bill put their hand under mine and put it in Stefan's. He looked at them and nodded. Even now he wasn't looking at me.

The priest began with the entire vows and everything. I looked down and tried so hard not to cry.

"Now Stefan Sebastian Black, Do you take Diana to be your lawfully wedded wife?" The priest asked. I glanced at Stefan and he had the most serious and bored look on his face at the same time.

"I do." He said. My heart broke and I felt my nose begin to tingle a little.

"Diana Aurelia Martin, Do you take Stefan to be your lawfully wedded husband?" The priest asked. I looked up at Stefan who was having a hard gaze on me and was pressing my hands that were in his tightly.

"I-I-I-" my voice broke and I blinked allowing the tears to fall as I looked down. I took a deep breath and tried not to scream out in pain as Stefan's hand grip tightened. I looked up at him again and held the biggest fake smile I could.

"I do." I said and felt everything crumbling. Stefan smirked at me and had a dangerous look in his eyes. I handed myself to the devil and I knew it.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride." The priest said.

Stefan took a step forward with his smirk. He removed the veil. I took a small step back scared. Stefan pulled me by the waist and I was pulled really close to him. My lips were trembling. He was a centimetre away from my lips and I closed my eyes.

"All mine." He whispered against them and kissed me. It was a few seconds. He pulled away and whispered to me, "Good job asset." He said. He had a straight face and I really felt like an asset. I put on a smile as we walked down the aisle. He was holding my hand tightly in his grip. We got into the limo and went to the venue for the reception. It looked beautiful and I should feel happy all I could feel was dread, worry and regret.