Chapter 15

It was Monday. I woke up early at 6. I had to be at the office at 8. I jumped out of bed and ran to get ready. I had worn a white V-neck top tucked in my black pants and matched the outfit with my black suit jacket on top of it. The top showed a really slight cleavage because it was low not because it was designed to. I had straightened my hair and had put on black eyeliner and red lipstick. I matched the outfit with black boots with small silver rhinestones. I had a red heel. I looked at myself in the mirror and nodded my head. It looked sharp and I loved it. I ran downstairs to see Maria sitting there with my breakfast. It was an omelette with a smiling face.

"Smiling omelette!" I exclaimed as I sat down and ate it. Stefan came after sometimes.

"How are you awake and ready before me?" Stefan asked clearly puzzled.

"First day of work. Can't be late!" I said with a smile. Right now I don't care that I hate him but, I was really happy.

"You will not ride with me and you will not mention that we are married." He said as we walked out.

"Great." I said. He looked at me with eyes slightly narrowed.

"No, I meant as in. Understood sir." I said.

"You will ride with Mal." He said.

"That will be bad because he is already seen as your bodyguard." I said.

"Fine then you can go with Alan." He said, "Alan you will be her bodyguard." Stefan said as we stood outside.

"Yes sir." Alan answered. I looked at the guy. He was an old man with a wife Jenny and he had two children. Both of them working in South Hamptons and settled down. He had one grandson and two grand daughters. He told me during our journey to the office

"Good luck." He wished me as we reached the office.

I walked to front desk.

"I am Iris. How may I help you?" The girl at the front desk asked.

"Oh. I am here for my job as Mr. Black's Personal Assistant." I said.

"Excuse me one moment." She said as she picked up the phone.

"Yes Sir. What is your name?" She asked me.

"Diana Bl—Martin." I said.

"Yes sir. She is here. I will send her up right away." She said and put the phone down.

"You can go up." She said, "On the 45th floor."

"Great. Thank you. Have a good day." I said with a smile. She almost looked shocked at my statement.

"Oh, uhm. You too." She said. I nodded my head and was walking when, "Diana wait!" Iris called out and I turned around.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Mr. Black is a ruthless and really hard person to deal with. But, if you do as he tells you will not face his wrath. Also steer clear of his assistant Dove. Total bitch." She said with a smile, "Also, if you don't mind, you can sit and have lunch with me and some friends." She said with a smile.

"Oh thank you. I will definitely come. If Mr. Black doesn't you know give me too much work." I said with a smile. She nodded her head at me and walked off. I waited for the elevator and saw a gold elevator with the words private written on a gold plate above it and rolled my eyes. I can tell that is an ego problem.

I got on the elevator and smiled. I was excited. I know for a business and law graduate from an ivy league school such as Harvard it would seem like a low job to become an assistant because everyone will think you flunked and didn't have the greatest qualifications to build you own empire or get a high position job at an empire Industry. I hate when they put people down because of their jobs. When I can join a law firm or have any other job but, right now I can never be happier that I was able to join work. I walked into the 45th floor. The floor itself looked pretty. I was looking around and staring at the beautiful sign of Black Industries. The owner of that last name was terrible as hell but the empire he built for himself and the work he does no doubt was remarkable.