Chapter 17

The few days I had not been eating anything and was starving myself. It was not like I wanted to starve myself. I just was desolate and gloomy that I didn't want to eat. I had lost my appetite. I would leave early for work before Stefan and come home earlier than him and go to sleep. Stefan also took no interest in really seeking me out to talk. He would just bring a new girl or sometimes the same one and the two of them head in his study. And as if the universe didn't hate me it was always when I needed a drink of water that I will go down see him making out and go back upstairs without really getting the drink I wanted. Maria was told I was having all my meals in the office. She was suspicious at first but, then I reassured her as to how tasty the food was. I was basically describing the cafeteria food that Iris would talk about.

Whenever I would be near Stefan's presence and it was avoidable and I could go the other way. I did. The times I couldn't like in meetings. I would hide in the corner and be invisible. I was sitting in the library again when I heard Stefan's voice.

I quickly got up and ran to a secluded spot in some corner. I breathed out in relief.

"What are you doing here?" I heard a voice ask me. I looked back and saw Hayden. I shook my head and smiled at him.

"Don't do that you scared the crap out of me." I told him. He just smiled goofily at me.

"What are you doing in the library? And especially in the corner?" he asked.

"Firstly, lower your voice you are in a library. Secondly, I like working in slightly quiet places when I need to." I said.

"You are really something." He said as he walked closer and stood in front of me.

"What do you mean?" I asked confused.

"I mean you have this mysterious vibe and I am completely digging it." He said as he steeped slightly closer. He could move an inch forward and our chest would be an inch away from touching. He dipped his head low and smirked at me. I took in a breath and then he moved forward as he looked down at my lips. I moved my face a little and I heard his voice right next to my ear.

"See you next time." He said as he stepped back. He walked away with a book in his hand. I looked down at my shoes feeling slightly weird. I decided that needed to get calm and went to the washroom. As I walked into one of the stall. I heard it open and a girl's voice speak up.

"You should have seen everyone's faces when he was scolding them. He was so angry even when Dove was trying to calm him down." A girl said.

"I saw him come in calmly walk into the library with Dove and Henry talking about some project. They went to find some book. He was browsing and suddenly he stormed out and began shouting. Out of no where." Another girl said.

"He has been having these mood swings for a few days now I wonder why?" The first girl spoke up.

"Yeah. It must be because of the Kristen shoot that is coming up." The second girl said. I furrowed my eyebrows and wondered what was that.

"Right. I mean if she is going to be the model for this shoot it is going to be really fun seeing a jealous Dove. I mean she always has been pretending to be his girl. Some say that she is really his wife." The first girl said.

"I mean he even got the second assistant so that there is less work on Dove so that they can have as many quickies as he wants." The second girl said.

"Oh my god! Did you see her. She looks so sick and dirty. Gross. I mean she is not even that pretty." The first said as her voice was laced with disgust at the mention of me.

"Actually she has caught a lot of the men's eye. I mean have you seen how Hayden talks about her to Garret so many times. It is so annoying." The second one says.