Chapter 30

I was now wearing a yellow off shoulder dress with a slit on my right leg. My hair was falling in the natural straight way it always was. I had put only a black eyeliner and red lipstick. The door opened and I heard Stefan call out my name. I was standing in the closet staring at myself in the mirror.

"Dia-" The closet doors opened and Stefan stood there. I took a deep breath and let it out and turned slowly towards him.

"I am ready." I said and walked towards him. He just stared at me. I walked past him and down and took to my phone. He stood by the door and I handed him my phone. He looked confused.

"I don't have pockets and I don't need a bag." I said. He took the phone and put in his pocket. We walked down to the car and we were taking the limo. A man I had never seen was opening the door.

"What happened to Mal and Alan?" I asked once we were inside.

"I gave them an off tonight. I hired a driver." Stefan said and he went on texting on his phone.

We reached the venue and I linked my arm around Stefan's. We went and talked to a few people from the business. Some of the department heads were there. The party went on. We ate the food that was there and we didn't dance. Which I was grateful because I had to keep my distance from Stefan because the way my body reacted to him when I was backed into the door was alarming to me. We left by 10. We took a turn onto an open road that was weird. We didn't come this way before. I tapped Stefan on the shoulder. He looked up and furrowed his eyebrows.

"What?" he asked rather loudly. I sat a little closer to him and he looked a little shocked. I leaned in and whispered in a low voice.

"We took the wrong turn to go back I think." I said as I looked at him worried because the street was entirely empty. He looked out the window and lowered the screen separating us from the driver.

"Why are we taking this road?" he asked.

"Sir, this is a backroad to the main street. There is said to be a lot of traffic on the GPS." The driver answered. Stefan nodded his head and put the screen back up. Suddenly, there were sounds of tyres screeching and we were hit. The car turned in circles and the door opened Stefan fell out and we seemed to something again and the next thing I knew I was rolling out the car. There was a loud noise. Someone pulled my elbow. I was about to scream when a hand came over to close it. I looked up and was relieved to see Stefan. He had a small cut in on his head. He put his finger to his mouth and I nodded. He pulled me up and I turned and finally saw the car had hit the lamp post and the driver had come through the windshield and he seemed to be hit right on the head.

"Come on. We gotta go before they come back." Stefan said. Come back? He pulled me to behind some trees and there was a staircase to the road below. We walked down quickly. The tyres screeching came again. Stefan looked back worried.

"Come on!" he hurried me and I began running down. As soon as we reached the road we began running down it. There were lights coming in our direction. Stefan put his hand out and the car stopped. There was man driving with a little girls in the back.

"Are you okay sir?" The man asked.

"Could you please drop us off at 57th street. We got into a little car trouble." Stefan asked.

"Of course." The man said. Stefan got in the front and I sat in the back in between the two girls.

We began driving to the road home.

"My name is Carl and these are my daughters Denise and Darla." The man said.

"I am Stef-"

"Stefan Black and your wife Diana Black." Carl gave us a smile.