Epilogue

I ran up the stairs and slammed the door shut. I locked it. I looked around the room and I could hear the footsteps. He was right behind me. I gulped as I heard them come closer. He knocked on the door. I didn't answer.

"Diana! Open the door!" he ordered. I shook my head and walked back. He knew what to say. What to do. He said he left this way of working when he was 17. He knew. He had contact. He was, he was in contact with this dark world after putting him behind bars. And to think he was not what I thought he was. He told me he didn't want to be the monster. He told me he didn't want to hurt anyone. He hurt the man. That man was still hurting. He was brutal and harsh. Ruthless and cold. Devoid of any humanity he acted like the devil. Bang! I looked back at the door.

"Diana! I swear to god I am breaking open this door right now!" His voice came out. Bang!

I could climb down the pipe. I could escape. I could find the police. I could tell them all what I have seen. I had to escape. He was a cruel. I looked out at the window and tried to open it. It wouldn't budge. I took out the pin in my hair and tried to unlock the window. It clicked open. I threw it open and walked out to the balcony. I stood at the railing and the dogs began barking. I looked down they saw me. I gulped. Crash! Shit! I climbed over the railing and as I one last time looked at the dogs and then my foot slipped. I yelped but, a hand held my forearm. I closed my eyes in fear. I was caught. This was the end.

I was pulled up and another hand encircled my waist. I was pulled into balcony. I opened my eyes and looked at the black shirt with the Onyx Skull Dog Tag necklace. The peppermint, wood and spice smell. I gulped. I kicked his shin as I ran. I was pulled back and pushed against the wall. I didn't dare look into his eyes. His hands were wet. I knew what was staining mine.

"I-I-I saw wh-wh- what you did. That is no ordinary thing. No bad boy phase or dark phase running with the wrong crowd in school would teach you that. You were worse." I said.

"I know." He said softly.

"What- what he said that was true? You are an heir. You parents died. You told me that. But, I knew that was a lie when Maria told me you father was alive and she worked for him until you were 18. You lied. You can't lie. Not when you keeping telling me we are escaping torturous death. I can hardly believe you now. I don't know what to say. I don't if the man after us is the torturous death for me or you are." I said.

"I lied. But, I will not hurt you ever." He said.

"I don't know that." I exclaimed.

"You have to trust me." He said.

"Trust you? How can I possibly trust you? You lied. You lied about everything. About your past. You are giving snippets of your life whereas I am being honest with you. I trusted you fully. Now I know I can't." I said as I shoved him back. It didn't work as he didn't move too far and was only a step away from me.

"I couldn't tell you what lies in the darkness Diana. You would get lost and sucked into it." He told me.

"The life I am living right now is dark enough. Ever since I met you it has been turning dark!" I exclaimed.

"I lied to you about the past. I didn't lie to you about me though." He said.

"Your past, your present and your thought on your future make you, you! You lie in your present about your past and you disregard the future I bring up." I said.

"I do it because I--" I cut him off.

"Care? Because you want to be better. Someone who wants to improve doesn't go around doing what he just did!" I shouted at him.

"I DID FUCKING LIE! I CARE ABOUT YOU! I WANT TO PROTECT YOU! I TOLD YOU SO MANY THOUGHTS I DON'T SHARE WITH ANYONE! I FUCKING CAN'T EVEN BEAR TO IMAGINE THAT IF I AM NOT ONE STEP AHEAD FROM HIM, HE IS ONE STEP AHEAD TO YOU. DO YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT I WANT TO DO? DO YOU DIANA? DO YOU WANT TO HEAR WHAT I WANT TO DO?" He roared in anger. I was scared. I angered him and I had a feeling it couldn't end well.

"I will kill him. If he puts his hands on you. I will tie him up and then I will whip his arms. I will put salt in his cuts and then break every single bone in his hands then I will burn them. Let his flesh sizzle as the cries of his pain be music to my ears. I will then slowly cut them again. I will tear apart his arm piece by piece until he has no arms. I will move to his eyes. I will cut them so they bleed. I will pull them out and burn the veins connecting them to his sockets. I will burn his eyes and shut them tight. So, he can never look at you. I will move behind him. Cut open his head and drill a hole for me to take his brains out so that he can never imagine how you look. Or the one second he was able to touch you before I pulled you out of his arms and let your body stay in its right place in my arms. I will pull his brain out and burn it and cut the rest of the flesh and make sure that if he lives. He is eats it. Because trust me Diana, this what I think if he touches you. He can never take you from the safety I built for you in my arms. I would rather die fighting to make sure he can never have you." He said.

"That is mon-" he cut me off.

"Monstrous? Or the Devil coming out? The beast inside me will make sure that no man can cause you any harm Diana because you are mine and if they don't know that. I don't care about the darkness and the fire that lights ablaze to fuel my energy to kill because the moment any man breathes around you with the intention of wanting you for themselves. They have a nice red target that I will make sure I hit bullseye every time single time. I make sure that the person is near their death. You bring out this devilish, monstrous beast in me that tells me to make the world know you are mine." He said as he took a step towards me and let our fronts touch.

"Who are you really?" I whispered.

"I am Stefan Kieran Black, the heir to the strongest, most feared, Romanian Mafia." He said. I looked into his light turquoise eyes finally as I gasped at his confession.

THE END