Chapter 13

I was looking around the mall for some cute teddy bears and stuff while I carried a big teddy in my arms. The teddy bear was white and light grey in colour. Mal was following me. Apparently, he was asked by Stefan to do so. I didn't want to argue. I walked around eating food and window shopping. I even bought myself some sweatshirts. By the time I came home it was 10. I walked in. Mal insisted that he carry the bags. He came up to my room and everyone was asleep. He put the bags there and left. I took out one of my favourite onesies that I bought and that was the panda onesie.

The next few days I tried to sleep with the teddy bear the comfortable onesie but, I couldn't. Early morning I saw a girl step out of Stefan's study. For three consecutive nights. Today I had taken a glass of water and I walked out of the kitchen. I saw Stefan coming out of his study. ALONE. That was weird.

"That was weird." I said. He looked back. I silently cursed myself to voice my thoughts. We are going to end up in an argument I knew it.

"What was?" he asked as he narrowed his eyes at me.

"You coming out of your office alone. Your girlfriend got tired of you?" I asked and kicked myself for saying it. I was in deep shit.

"She was not my girlfriend." He said through gritted teeth.

"Mhmh." I said as I made my way to the bedroom.

"What does that mean?" he asks.

"Nothing." I said as I was about to go into my room.

"Then why did you say that?" he asked.

"Sorry. It seemed weird and I said what was on my mind. Next time I won't." I said as I was about to enter the room I was pulled back. Stefan grabbed my face. He looked at me with furrowed eyebrows.

"What?" I asked.

"Why do you have dark circles?" he asked.

"I don't have dark circles. It is just the lighting." I said as I lied and stepped away from him.

"Right." He said as he smirked.

"Why are you smirking?" I asked.

He smirked even more and came closer. I took a step back. He leaned forward next to my ear.

"April?" he asked in low eery way and clapped. The lights switched off. I walked forward and hugged his chest and snuggled my head into his chest.

"They are here." I whispered.

He held my arm and pulled me into the room. He put me under the covers and walked to the other side of the bed.

"A teddy bear really? I mean Mal told me that but really?" He asked. I went and took the teddy bear from his hands.

I covered the Pua's ears.

"SHHH! Pua might hear you." I said.

"Pua?" he asked.

"Yes Pua." I said.

"What is Pua?" he asked.

"Pua is the pig from Moana." I said.

"He is a stuffed bear." Stefan said as he pointed to Pua.

"Doesn't matter. You can't such things about him. I love him." I said.

"Okay. If you need protection from the ghosts then I don't think Pua is going to be much help." He said.

"Well, Pua has helped just fine the last few nights." I said.

"So, you got a teddy bear so that you don't have to ask for my help?" Stefan asked.

"Yes. I don't like you." I said. Stefan came beside me and sat really close to me.