Chapter 29

DIANA'S POV:

I woke and felt something slightly hard yet warm under me. I opened my eyes to see the chrome yellow sun. It was pretty and right now I understood why sunflowers love the sun. They get to see every shade of yellow everyday. Oh to be a sunflower. I looked up and realised I was sleeping in his arms. I was in Stefan's arms. His arms were around my waist. I remember feeling cold at sea and that was weird because we were under the sun and Jack sparrow was just arguing with Will. Stefan looked so peaceful right now. I couldn't believe he had a hard childhood. I always assumed he went to prep schools like me. He had no family. His parents were dead that is for sure otherwise there was no reason for him to get in the bad crowd. He could have been put in foster care. But he was alone. Even here he was alone and the fact that he grew and realised what he was getting into was wrong made me admire him now. He was a long way from a teenager about to be dragged into the wrong path. His face was chiselled to perfection and very well structured. His eyebrows were sharp as was his jaw. They formed a perfect obtuse angle. His cheekbones were sharp too. His nose was a rectangle, with two ovals. It was like art. He had mysteries to him that I was discovering slowly. And they all had shades of colour. Slate grey for his past and island white to his present.

"Are you going to continue staring or actually get up?" Stefan asked. My eyes widen in horror. He was awake?

"Oh. Sorry." I said and rolled over to my side of the bed and sat up.

"God you are heavy." He said and frowned.

"Well, I apologised and you are being rude." I huffed.

"And you didn't plan on leaving my chest because you were checking me out." Stefan smirked.

I rolled my eyes and scoffed at him.

"I have seen better. So, you aren't interesting." I smirked back. He seemed to frown a little and get up too.

"I have to get ready for work." Stefan said.

"It is a Sunday." I told him sudden change in his playful teasing mood to a rather cold one.

"I know! I need to go to work. You aren't going back just yet." He said and disappeared into the bathroom. I sighed. I put my arms around myself and hugged myself. I was going to be save next to Stefan but, was going to be safe from him. His moods and disregard for anything that I say or ask. I will have to ask him how long I will be here. When I heard the bathroom door open and the closet door shut I walked up and went into the bathroom to brush my teeth. By the time I went down to breakfast Maria was there but, Stefan was not.

Maria rushed to me and pulled me in her arms.

"God! I was so worried when you ran away." Maria said. Everybody obviously knew that I ran away no doubt.

"Everybody must be gossiping." I muttered.

"The only people who know you ran are you, Mr. Black, Mal and Alan." Maria said, "The rest think you went out on business. Mr. Black insisted that you repeat the same story."

"He told you to tell that to me?" I asked.

"Yes. He reminded me right before he left." Maria answered.

"Couldn't tell me himself." I scoffed and shook my head.

"Mr. Black isn't the villain that you paint him out to be. I have brought him up since he was kid and he grew up in an environment that taught him the right from wrong no doubt. But, he also knows not to hurt a woman. His father taught him his values. You should know he wouldn't want to cause any harm to you or anyone innocent. He cares of the helpless and therefore he is ruthless and cold to get the safety of the ones who need it." She said softly. I took all her words in and gave her small smile.