𝟒-𝐕𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐲𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥

𝓠𝓾𝓲𝓷𝓷

Della and I head to the locker room to change. 

"I hope you are ready to get your butt handed to you Quinn." Della says as we both stop in front of our lockers. 

We had the same lockers as last year so I didn't need to remember a new locker combination, thank the gods. 

"Sweetie, in your dreams." I say as I open my locker. 

During one of my rotations earlier I took my gym clothes from my purse and put them in my locker. It looks like Della did the same. 

I begin to slip out of my uniform and into my black nike pro's and a long sleeve white shirt. Then I put on my white tennis shoes. 

For boys P.E. they are forced to wear black pants or shorts as well, a white t-shirt and white sneakers. 

Kinda bland but hey, at least it isn't orange or worse...yellow. 

Both of those colors wash me out. 

"Ugh those shorts make your butt look so good it's unfair." I say as Della spins around. 

She giggles, "It's a curse and a blessing."

A stream of bright fire red hair flies by. 

Poppy?

"That's my roommate." I whisper into Della's ear as she puts her hair in a bun.

Poppy stands there, trying to open her locker but the combination seems to be wrong.

Whoops. 

"I should go help her." Della says and I shake my head, "She needs to figure it out for herself."

Della's brows pinch together, "Clearly she needs help and I don't want her to be late."

Della is too nice for this world and one day it's going to swallow her whole. 

"No, you wait it out. If she can't get it open by the time the bell rings then you can go help her." 

"But then she'll be late."

 I shrug, "That's her problem."

I throw my hair into a ponytail and finish lacing up my shoes. 

The bell rings and Della runs over to her. She takes the paper out of Poppy's hand and in one try she gets the locker open. 

Poppy thanks her and Della bounces back over to me. 

"She thought the five was a six, see I knew I should've helped her sooner." Della sighs as we head into the gym. 

We take a seat on the bleachers along with everyone else. 

"Ok class, today we are playing volleyball." Mrs. Truman starts, "I will be calling down two girls to be team captains, from there they get to pick who is on their team."

She flips the paper on her clipboard. 

"Team A will be captained by Quinn Taylor." I stand from my spot and head down the bleachers, taking a stance beside Mrs. Truman. 

Her and I go way back, to three years ago. 

She wanted me to join the volleyball team but I refused because sports wasn't for me. Ever since then whenever we play in P.E. she always makes me captain. 

"Team B will be captained by Della Poncho." Della smiles as she makes her way down to the other side of Mrs. Truman. 

"Ok now team A will start-" She's cut off when the locker room door slams shut.