𝟒𝟗-𝐋𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐏𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧

𝓠𝓾𝓲𝓷𝓷

"Lilian Peterson." She says and my eyes widen. 

Holy shit. 

No effing way.

"As in Fredrick Peterson?" I ask and she nods. 

"The governor." I say and she nods again. 

I knew her family was rich, how else could they afford Davenport Academy, but I didn't realize he was a flippin politician. 

"Yeah that's my dad." She says looking down at her hands. 

I think I am genuinely about to fan girl right now. 

Not because I actually like Fredrick or know him..no. 

it's because my parents absolutely loath him. 

He's basically my personal hero. 

"So you're Fredrick Petersons daughter?" I ask and she nods, "I thought we just covered this Quinn."

"And you didn't tell me?" I ask. 

I mean seriously thats pretty big not to disclose. 

"Remember when we met and the moment you saw me you turned around and demanded a room change? Then was mean to me for a few weeks after that?" She says and I cringe at the memory. 

Ok so maybe I had misplaced my anger and annoyance about having to share a room. 

"Well it never really opened any opportunities to talk about it."

I nod in understanding, "But what about after all that?"

She shrugs, "I figured you knew my last name I mean I know yours."

"I didn't, not until now anyway." I say truthfully. 

I probably should've looked into it but honestly it never crossed my mine to check and see her last name. 

I had figured she was just some silver spoon like the rest of us. 

See thats where her family and the majority of our families differ. 

While for example Jordan and I's were born into wealth from generation, or old money as Della loves to say. Poppy's is new money. 

From the stories and campaigns I heard Fredrick had grown up in a small town in Ohio. From there he built his own way to the top. 

"Well that's my dad, Governor Fredrick Peterson." She says bluntly and I look over at her. 

"Now that I know that I see some of the similarities." I say looking her. 

She laughs, "Because we're both red heads?"

I shrug, "That too but you also have some other similar features."

"I get my nose from my dad." She grumbles clearly not a fan. 

I snort in understanding. Having similar features to my mom pre surgery was never something I enjoyed. 

I guess being compared to your dad isn't a fun time either. 

We talk a little while longer and Poppy tells me about her mom. 

She actually owns multiple shelters for women and children escaping domestic abuse situations. 

According to Poppy her mom had been married before and her husband was abusive. It was Fredrick who helped her out of the relationship and at some point they fell in love. 

It's kind of an amazing story.

Turns out her parents are still together and she's an only child. 

With this new development now I see how she managed to get Sarah kicked out of school. 

Who could tell the Governor no?

☆ ☆ ☆

At lunch I wait until Casper and Jordan are there before dropping the truth bomb I was delivered last night. 

"Poppy's dad is Fredrick Peterson." I say and the two nod. 

Ok maybe they aren't grasping the reality of this. 

"The Governor." I say and they nod again. 

"We know." Jordan says and I whip my head to look over at him. 

My jaw slack in surprise, "You knew?"

"I think the real question is how you didn't." Casper says and I turn to look in his direction. 

"I never thought about it." I admit, "Why didnt the two of you tell me?"

Jordan shrugs, "Figured you knew, I mean she's your roommate after all."

Touche Campbell. 

"Ugh I hate being out of the loop."

Casper snorts, "It's hardly out of the loop Quinn."

I groan before resting my head on my arms. 

Jordan pats my back, "It's ok Taylor, I'll go get you some ice cream." He says before standing up. 

Peering up from under my lashes I see Poppy sit down beside Casper. 

"Hey Lilian Peterson." Casper says before winking at me and I narrow my eyes at him. 

"It's not nice to make fun of people Casper." I say and he rolls his eyes, "Has never stopped you before Quinny."

"Only to people who deserve it." I defend and he raises an eyebrow in protest. 

"You made fun of Jordan just yesterday in the group chat because he accidentally misspelled Wednesday." He says and I nod. 

"I did, he can blame it on autocorrect all he wants but I see through that shit. Besides he's my boyfriend I get like a free pass to bully him." I say as Jordan hands me the ice cream cone and planting a kiss to the top of my head before sitting back down beside me. 

"Did you hear what your girlfriend just said?" Casper asks and Jordan nods, "I just get back at her by scoring higher on tests."

I roll my eyes, "Nice try Campbell but haven't you checked our GPA and scores. I am currently beating you."

"Barely." He emphasizes, "Plus we have that science test coming up and you suck at it babe, no offense."

I gasp, "Offense taken Campbell." 

He wraps an arm around me and tugs be flush against him before planting a kiss on my neck and I immediately melt into him. 

"Oh and I forgot to tell you Quinn." Casper says, "I am going to see Della again in two weeks and I wanted to know if you wanted to come."

I roll my eyes, "Is that even a question Cas? Of course I'll go." I turn to Jordan, "Wanna come with us?"

He shrugs, "Why not I haven't visited in a while."

Casper asks Lily but she declines. 

She was friends with Della but not as close as the three of us are to her. I know she feels uncomfortable as if she might be intruding. 

Still I know Della and she would welcome her with open arms. 

Just that thought makes me excited to see my best friend.