𝟏𝟗-𝐏𝐨𝐩𝐩𝐲

Spoilers for 'The Vampire Diaries' Season eight in this chapter!

𝓠𝓾𝓲𝓷𝓷

I hate, hate, hate how my hair looks right now. 

I am not sure if I might of slept weird or something but there is a bump in the back and I can't get it to lay down properly. 

My god, I even pulled out my straightener but nothing. 

Bad hair days are the worst because it just sours my mood for the rest of the day. 

I quickly pack up my things before heading back to my room. 

I have two tests today which I am ready to ace.

One is in history with Jordan. The good thing about this one is I am amazing at history. Remembering names, dates, and events is quite easy for me. 

My other test is in calculus. 

Math isn't my strong suit but I was studying all last night for it. 

I even enlisted Poppy to help me by giving me practice problems. 

Turns out she's super smart when it comes to math and science, which are my weaker subjects. 

With her help my gpa should be on track to beating Jordans ass and becoming valedictorian.

Yeah suck on that Jordan Asher Zachary Campbell. 

Ugh old money and their long ass names. 

I guess I can't speak my name is Quinn Genevieve Victoria Taylor. 

"For the love of god." Poppy groans as she struggles to zip up her skirt. 

She's laying on the bed, her knees up to her chest as she trying to pinch the fabric together in order to zip the side of the skirt up. 

"You ok?" I ask as I begin to get dressed. 

I go through the order in my head as I get dressed. Instead of my emerald green blazer, today I am wearing an emerald green sweater. 

"Sweet Jesus I got it." She cheers standing up from the bed. 

I hold in a laugh. 

I have been learning a lot about Poppy the last few days. 

Turns out she's not too bad. 

She's really funny and sarcastic. She even plays violin. 

Who knew?

"Ready to head out?" I ask and she nods as she quickly slips on her shoes. 

We head down to the quad and meet up with everyone. 

"Did you make sure you studied Taylor? Or did you forget we had a test today?" Campbell teases. 

Asshole

That happened one time last year. 

It was a stressful week and I completely spaced about our history test. I hadn't studied at all. 

Jordan had 'offered' to let me cheat off his paper but of course I refused. 

Luckily however I managed to get the second highest grade in the class, behind his of course. 

Since then he hasn't let me live it down. 

"Nope, and I am ready to kick your ass. I even made sure to memorize the points for the bonus questions." I tell him and he frowns. 

Ha, I knew he wasn't listening the other day when we were told we could get extra points if we answered a set of questions word for word like our teacher had told us would be in the study guide. 

Neither of us ever read the study guide. I never saw the reason when she told us what units we were testing on. 

Beside then Jordan would probably tease me about needing a stupid study guide. 

Still even if he teases me about the study guide this time I'll still have the better grade. 

His pride is too big to ask me about the bonus questions. It's like waving the white flag in our eyes. 

Sure enough when our teacher hands us the graded test back the next day I have not only a higher grade then him but out of the whole class. 

I made sure to really rub in my win. 

"Don't sweat it Campbell." I had said patting his shoulder, "I'll buy you ice cream later." 

☆ ☆ ☆

"I can't believe they killed him off." Poppy sniffles beside me. 

We are currently watching 'The Vampire Diaries.'

I wipe under my eyes, "Bonnie and Enzo deserved better." I say and Poppy nods her head in agreement. 

Turns out Poppy had never watched 'The Vampire Diaries' and I hadn't either so we decided to watch it together.

"I hope she gets a good ending." Poppy says referring to the character Bonnie. 

She better. 

We end up finishing the whole series by the end of the night. 

"That was a terrible ending." Poppy says. 

I nod, "I wish they hadn't killed off Stefan, like why were Damon and Elena the only ones allowed to get a happy ending?"

"And Matt sort of." She counters. 

Ew. 

We clean up all of our candy wrappers and empty containers of fries before heading down to the showers. 

One thing we do now is shower at the same time. I did end up revealing to Poppy why I shower later. 

Well, one of the reasons. 

"Where are you girls going this late?" Terry asks and I hold up my toiletry bag. 

"Unless you don't want me to shower. Terry that is extremely unhygienic of you." I give her a disappointed look as I shake my head. 

She rolls her eyes, "No pit stops, straight to the bathrooms and back to your dorm." She tells me and I hold two fingers to my forehead before saluting her. 

"Aye, aye captain." I say and she frowns before heading back to her room. 

We take our showers before going back to our room. 

"Terry is one scary lady." Poppy tells me as she slips on her pajamas. 

I shake my head, "She's just a miserable old woman with nothing better to do thank try and bust us for sneaking out. You know I bet it would be the highlight of her day to catch someone doing something they shouldn't."

She seems like one of those people. 

Poppy laughs and gets under her covers. A few minutes later I do the same. 

One thought comes to mind that night. 

Poppy may not be as bad as I thought.