𝟐𝟐-𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠

TW: Talks of sexual assault 

𝓠𝓾𝓲𝓷𝓷

After shopping some more we head back to the estate. 

My mom tells us she is going to take a bath and I use that as my cue to invite Melanie up to my bedroom for some 'girl talk.'

"What's up?" She asks as we take a seat on my bed. 

Normally I don't get tongue tied but in this moment I can't seem to conjure up a single word. 

How do you tell someone their fiancé sexually assaulted you when you were twelve?

"I need to tell you something. I didn't want to but I know I have to even if it hurts to talk about." I say and she nods in understanding. 

She places her hand on mine, "I'm listening."

With a deep breath I recount everything that happened to me that day. 

From the moment he stepped into the room, to when he forced me onto the bed and pinned me down so I couldn't move, how he muffled my screams as he violated me because he managed to subdue me. 

He was stronger than me and he knew it. 

Something is seriously twisted in his head and I could never forgive myself if I let her marry him. 

When I finish my story I am in tears. Just thinking of where his hands have been brings me wanting to crawl out of my skin. 

The goosebumps that run up my arms aren't the same ones I had the other day out by the pool with Jordan. 

Those ones make me feel good, make me yearn to feel them again. 

The ones I am feeling now make me feel repulsing, like my skin itches, it's uncomfortable and not my own. 

"Oh my god." Melanie whispers. 

"I am so sorry but I had to tell you." I say and she nods, "I know."

"If you want I can help you get away from him. I have some connections, he'll never find you." I say and she shakes her head. 

"I can't leave him."

It's my turn to shake my head, "Yes you can, I'll help you. You aren't alone."

"No you don't get it, I can't leave him. I love him and I'm pregnant with his baby." She says placing her hand on her nonexistent bump. 

I am taken aback. 

"Melanie if you are scared it's ok like I said-"

She cuts me off, "I'm sorry but I can't. I won't leave him. Don't you understand how it is to love someone? The things they do they aren't as bad as if you didn't love them. Besides you were young you could've imagined it and thought it really happened."

I can't believe what I'm hearing. 

I scoff, "Love? It doesn't matter how much I love someone. If I found out that they did what Dale did to me I would hate them. You have a baby on the way, what if it's a girl? What if Dale does the same thing to her he did to me."

She stands from my bed, "Stop it. He would never, he loves our baby. You don't understand."

"You know I just told you something I have never told anyone. I risked my sanity, my-my mental health to help you and you sit here and tell me I don't understand?" I shout, standing as well.

 "I understand what he did to me, that men like him think it's ok because they get away with it. Because they are powerful enough that I'd be buried if I spoke about what happened to me. I lost a part of myself that day, and it took me years to get it back. So don't for a second tell me I don't understand." I say before grabbing my suitcase from under my bed.