𝟐𝟏-𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐅𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐜é

𝓠𝓾𝓲𝓷𝓷

I wake up to Walnut - my moms Chinese crested dog - licking my face. 

"Oh gross, get off of me." I say swatting at the hairless rat. 

He nips at my finger. 

Bitch

I pick him up and drop him to the floor. 

He lands on all fours before scurrying out of my room.

I sit up completely before rubbing the palms of my hands over my eyelids. 

The thought of meeting Melanie today is making me nauseous. 

Or maybe it's the memory of my conversation with Jordan the other night. 

He didn't text or call asking where I went. I am sure when he woke up yesterday morning he discovered I wasn't at the house.

 It's currently Monday morning. Melanie had things to do yesterday but woohoo we get to spend the whole week together. 

Well until Saturday night when she leaves. 

My mom has also decided she was able to magically cancels all of her plans and open her whole schedule up this week for both Melanie and I. 

Wonderful. 

I slip out of bed and head to the adjoining bathroom. 

I shower and moisturize before I begin my makeup. 

Today I decide on just some concealer and blush. 

I curl the ends of my hair and head to my connecting closet. 

I grab a periwinkle colored sun dress and slip it on, with matching heels. 

My mom had let me know last night that we would the three of us would meet up for brunch before we go and do some shopping. 

Then we are going to some expensive spa my mom 'dreams' of going and then more shopping. 

Yes, that is only day one of six. 

I should be getting paid to do this. 

After grabbing my purse and phone I head down stairs where I find my mom at the dining room table. 

She has a coffee mug in her hand and is scrolling through news media on her iPad. 

"There you are, Michael is ready to drive us to Florence she says, never taking her eyes off of her iPad. 

Florence is the name of the small cafe we are eating at for brunch. 

She sets her iPad down before standing and we head towards the front door. 

"That dress dear is doing terrible things for your body shape. Next time wear something that flatters you, I can't be seen with you looking like that." She tells me. 

Oh she is so full of love today, I can just feel it radiating off of her. 

We get in the car and head out towards the cafe. 

"You are going to love Melanie. She's thirty two and has three cats. I figured you are headed down her path, saying that you have never had a boyfriend, I figured you could see what your life will look like."

I bite my tongue so hard I can now taste a tinge of copper in my mouth. 

Luckily only three more insults later we arrive at Florence