𝟑𝟕-𝐌𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐃𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

𝓠𝓾𝓲𝓷𝓷

It's been three weeks since the assembly. 

No one besides family is still allowed to visit Della but her mom did let me write her a letter.

 I told her that I will be there once they allow me and that I miss and love her. 

She can't write back but I hope she understands that I am there for her.

"Do you think I'd look good with bangs?" Poppy asks me as we work on homework for history. 

I look up at her, "You have bangs." I say pointing out her wispy bangs. 

"No I mean thicker bangs."

I scrunch my nose up, "Why would you do that to your hair?"

"It would be better than what you did to it." She points out. 

I roll my eyes, "I did you a favor, your hair looks better like this."

It's true in my opinion. Her hair looks better just below her shoulders than when it was down to her mid back. 

"Either way, why are you asking?"

She shrugs, "Cas said he likes bangs."

My eyes widen, "You and Cas?"

Poppy shakes her head, "No not even close. Casper?" She laughs, "Why would you think that?"

"Well you are basing your hair off of his opinion right now." I offer. 

"No it just got me thinking maybe I would look good with bangs." She says and I shrug.

"You could try it and if you hate it, it'll grow back." I tell her honestly. 

She nods, "I think I'll go do it right now."

And that's how we spend the night sitting in the bathroom. Poppy on the counter cutting her hair and me sitting beside her recording it and sending it to the group chat. 

"I hate it." Poppy mumbles later that night when I am on the brink of sleep. 

I laugh, "Cas doesn't."

He had said it looked 'cool' in the group chat. 

She sighs, "I guess it could be worse."

☆ ☆ ☆

The next night I sneak out to Jordan's.

"You have The Cure?" I ask as I flip through his vinyls. 

Jordan shakes his head, "Not yet. If you want this weekend I can take you to the record store and we can see if we can find one." Her offers. 

I perk up at the invitation. 

"Yeah I'd love to." I tell him and he gives me a small smile. 

We haven't actually gone out and done anything together yet. 

I pick a record and put it on before getting onto the bed. 

Jordan opens his opens arms and I scoot closer to him. 

"You know I have been thinking about something." He says stroking my back. 

I hum. 

"I have been thinking about how you wanted me to define us and I said I didn't know what we were." He says and I nod. 

Hopefully he can't hear or feel how fast my heart is beating. 

A mile a minute is what it feels like.