𝟓𝟓-𝐃𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐌𝐞 𝐀𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥

A/N Five Chapters left!

𝓠𝓾𝓲𝓷𝓷

Poppy and I are in our hotel room getting ready for prom. 

Casper and Jordan are supposed to pick us up at eight to head down to the hall where it is being held. 

'Black Velvet.' by Alannah Myles plays as we apply our make up. 

I'm doing a dark smokey eye and a bright red lip. 

The theme is 'The Phantom Masquerade.' 

It had been Della's idea and Sadie helped see it through. 

Basically it's a mix of things Della loves. Masquerades, dark academia, phantom of the opera. 

Honestly I think she just liked that one episode of The Vampire Diaries.

My hair is in a braided messy updo with curls pulled out, my mask ties underneath my bun. It's a black lace mask that sits on the top of my nose. The shape of the eyes resembles a cat.

My dress is a tight fitted, strapless glittery black dress with a slit up the right side. I paired it with glittery black heels. 

Poppy is wearing a dark brown dress with these fake buttons in the front. Her dress ends at her calves and she's wearing ribbon white heels. 

Her hair is in a half up half down and her brown mask resembles a fox. 

I watch as she applies a dark nude lipstick before a shiny gloss on top. 

"Jordan is going to die when he sees you." She says before placing her gloss in the makeup bag. 

I take my appearance in, staring at myself in the mirror. 

I do look really good.

Poppy comes to stand beside me. 

"I can't believe the year is almost over." She says and I nod. 

Just nine months ago I couldn't wait and get rid of her. 

Now Poppy stands beside me as we get ready for prom. 

Graduation is looming and the time to spend with my friends is coming to a close. 

A knock on the door startles me. 

"Oh that must be the guys." Poppy says before heading towards the door. 

I make sure my mask is secure as I follow her. 

When she opens the door the only person on the other side is Casper. 

He's in a dark brown suit with a matching mask.

"Where's Campbell?" I ask and he hands me a card. 

I open it to see a letter. 

You've never been one for games Angel but I think you'll like this one.

I'm already down stairs and I am dressed in all black. 

If you find me before I find you, you'll be rewarded. 

If I find you first......

He leaves the ending open for me to come to my own conclusions.

I look back up at Casper, "Really?" I ask gesturing to the note in my hand. 

He nods, "Better hurry and find him." He says and I roll my eyes. 

I'll find him first because I won't let him have the satisfaction of winning.