Criminal

She could see the bus start to pull out, yet all she could do was watch. Watch in complete disbelief, and understand it at the same time. She didn't stand out; at least not the point people would notice if she was or wasnt on a crowded bus. But still felt hurt that it happened.

She thought if she waited long enough the bus would turn back around and come back for her. But that never happened. Minutes passed by and she was still in the same spot, now sitting completely down on the cold ground freezing to death. Her cigarette at this point was burnt out, and down to the nub. The cold morning air blew against her skin, causing goosebumps to appear.

As more time flew by she finally got sick of it and decided to walk there. She got up all wobbly, her legs still feeling weak and shaky; she held onto the wall for support. She tugged on the bottom of her dress and got to walking, not forgetting to toss her cigarette in the trash.

She walk to the main road and looked down the street only to see more street, and a bunch of tall buildings further on ahead. It was a far walk and the cold breeze was only gonna make it feel longer which bugged her. She gnawed on the inside of her cheek and rolled her eyes, pulling her headphones out of her jacket pocket and putting them in her ears.

She tried to see if any of her messages could get through, but her phone had no service, not like it mattered. She probably wouldn't text anyone to come get her anyway, didn't want to be a burden and slow anyone down from getting home. So she breathed through the tense pressure on her shoulders and stayed a troop throughout the whole walk, finally making it to the school.

The light of the sun started to peek between buildings. Its shadow a light yellow and orange, making the sky completely unreal. Almost like a painting. (Y/n) made it to the front door of the dorms and tugged on the handle. Of course, as expected it was locked and set off a security notification to the staff member; whoever ever was currently patrolling the dorms.

She huffed and waited outside the door. Crossing her arms over her stomach and impatiently standing on one leg, and when that one got tired the other. She heard footsteps slowly get louder and louder but didn't bother to look and see who it was.

"Shit. What are you doing out here?"

(Y/n) had absolutely no patience to put up with anyone's bullshit tonight, "I snuck out a changed my mind last minute." She joked with a poker face but her tone was light.

"No, what the fuck does it look like Aizawa?" she spoke loudly.

He looked off to the side and clenched his jaw, "I'm not sure, so I'll ask again. What are you doing out here?"

She smiled and nodded her head lightly, her eyes wide and filled with annoyance and anger.

"You have got to be fucking kidding me", she laughed and ran a hand down her face.

"Is it not policy to check and make sure every fucking kid is on the bus before you leave?"

Aizawa obviously confused, "What are you saying?". He wasn't stupid, he knew what she was implying. It was just disbelief making it hard to fully comprehend.

He was so sure she was on the bus when they left, how could he let his slip? How could he not notice? His stomach turned and slowly started to climb up his throat. He felt sick.

"I'm saying..." her reckless loud behavior was short-lived, "You forgot about me."

She didn't cry. She didn't feel like crying. The worst thing she could do was cry in front of him so she simply just didn't.

Silence. Complete silence fell between the two. Nothing but the rushing of cars down the street, chirping of the morning birds, and the soft breath she breathed. She was tired, and so was he.