Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Louis POV

"Do something! Someone help!" Zayn's hands patted nervously at Eve's body, trying to figure out what to do. The girl was now crying and clutching her stomach, part in pain and part to protect the twins.

I pulled out my phone and dialed the number for an ambulance.

"Hello, what's your emergency?" The voice on the other end said.

"This Louis Tomlinson, I'm sure you are aware of Evelyn Daley being pregnant." I tried to speak as camly as I could.

"Yes I am. Is there a problem, sir?"

"We don't know. She's crying. She's in pain and we don't know what to do." I started to cry, getting myself worked up.

"Please remain calm, we will have an ambulance arrive as soon as possible. What's the address?"

I told her our address and hung up the phone, immediately rushing to her side and clutching to Harry.

"It's going to be ok. You're going to be fine, baby. Trust me. Everything is ok." Zayn whispered to her, trying to comfort her. Somehow, I don't think the fact that he was crying just as much as she was was helping.

I felt Harry shudder underneath me and I turned my head to look at him. He was sitting there with he knees tucked up to his chest and his head in his hands. I couldn't see he face, but from the way his body was moving I could tell he was sobbing. I had no idea what to do.

There was a knock at the door and two ambulance officers came running through, wheeling a stretcher. We all moved out of the way and they counted to three before lifting her up and putting her on the stretcher.

"Can we come too?" I whispered from next to Harry.

"We're sorry, but only one of you can come. The rest are going to have to find a way there yourselves."

Zayn rushed out behind them, obviously going to be the one to travel with her. I composed myself long enough to help Harry up and into my car. My plan was to follow the ambulance to the hospital.

We got in the car as quickly as we could, but, no matter how much I wanted to, we couldn't drive fast enough to stay behind the ambulance without breaking any laws. The drive to the hospital was extremely quiet and it felt like it took forever. The whole time Harry was sobbing into his shirt. It hurt not being able to do anything about it.

Finally we arrived at the hospital, jumping out of the car almost before I'd even parked it right next to the ambulance they were helping Eve out of. We followed the stretcher Evelyn was laying on through large double doors.

"What's going on?" I asked Zayn when he was stopped by a nurse.

"We aren't allowed in there with her." He broke down into tears and slid down the wall. Harry went over and sat on the chair next to him, with me following close behind.

The wait for her was excruciatingly long and painful. Seeing as the other boys were lost, I had to try hard to remain strong for the both of them, which proved to be immensely difficult.

Finally, after what felt like forever, a nurse walked over to us.

"Is she ok?" Zayn asked. Standing up immediately waiting for the news. I helped Harry and he clung onto my side.

"She is in a stable condition. It took a lot of work, but we have managed to figure out what the problem was. One of the children had been pushed down and were putting a lot of pressure on the nerves in her lower spine."

"Are the kids ok?" Harry asked from beside me.

"As of yet, we are unsure. It's too early to remove them from the womb, so an ultrasound will be performed. Although it won't give us a great idea on the exact state of the children, we will at least know if they are alive."

Harry started crying again so I pulled him closer to me, tucking him under my arm protectively.

Another nurse walked out and whispered something in her ear, before turning and walking back the way she came.

"I have just been informed they are preparing to do the ultrasound now. Depending on the news after that, you will be told if you are able to see her or not. If we find out anything more, we will let you know immediately." She turned around and rushed back into what I assumed would be Eve's room.

'We will at least know if they are alive.'

Her words played over and over in my head. What could that mean? That they could have died? That couldn't be possible. She had an ultrasound just the other day and they were fine.

I took this opportunity to called Liam and Niall and catch them up on what happened. Both boys offered to come to the hospital, but I told them it would be too much for Zayn and Harry, who were still crying on the hospital floor.

I sat down and rubbed circles on Harry's back, not really knowing what else to do to comfort him.

"Louis, Zayn and Harry?" I looked up to see a nurse standing at the door. "She is ready to see you now."

I helped the other boys up and we followed the nurse down the corridor to Eve's room. She opened the door for us, letting us go in first. Zayn immediately ran to his girlfriend, crying and kissing her all over.

Evelyn smiled up at me. She was pale, but other than that seemed perfectly healthy.

"How are you feeling, love?" I asked her, smiling at her sadly.

"Better. The nurses had to put pressure on my back, so the babies would change position and not be lying on my spine anymore. That hurt a bit. But other than that, I feel fine. Just a bit shaken up."

"And the twins?" I didn't know what kind of answer to expect.

"They're alive. I know that much. We won't know if either of them are hurt until it comes time to have them. Speaking of that, I was told I have to stay in the hospital until they're born. I'm not sure if I want to do that.. It's still 3 months away.." She trailed off looking slightly disappointed.

"All that matters it that you're all fine." I smiled and patted her arm reassuringly.

By this time, Harry had let go of me long enough to pull a chair up next to the bed and sit down on it, his hands constantly needing to be touching her stomach. Zayn had also pulled a chair over and sat in it, but he remained attached to Eve's arm, occasionally kissing her cheek or her collarbones.

"You're very lucky Miss Daley." A nurse spoke while she entered the room. "I've only ever seen this happen one other time, and they were no where near as fortunate."

Eve smiled sadly from the hospital bed.

"You boys are welcome to visit between 9-5 everyday if you like. But no over night visits are allowed for patients in intensive care."

"Intensive care?!" Harry shot up. "Why is she in intensive care?!"

"We have to constantly monitor the children, and make sure they are completely healthy when it comes time for delivery." The nurse explained. "They are alive, but their heartbeats are weak."

"I thought you said you couldn't tell if they were hurt until they were born?" I asked, confused.

"We can't tell if there are an physical injuries until they are born, so for now we have to focus on they're internal health. Any injuries sustained can be dealt with after they are born."

Great. The next three months were going to be hell, no doubt.