Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Harry POV

Louis and I stared at the doors in front of us. These doors were the only thing separating us from what I was sure could be described as nothing less than a nightmare.

"Are you boys ready?" The others came up behind.

"No." I admitted with a nervous laugh.

This was our first public outing since the photos of Lou and I kissing outside the hospital emerged. The world now knew about us. Our secret was out.

I took a deep breath and, clutching Louis' hand tightly, walked through the double doors into the room full of camera crews, photographers and journalists.

Surprisingly, they didn't pressure us with questions like I expected, instead waiting quietly for us to be seated before raising their hands and waiting to be called on by one of us.

Liam began by pointing to a woman in the front row.

"How long have Louis and Harry been a relationship?"

I looked at Louis, and he nodded at me.

"Just over 9 months." I admitted into the microphone. This caused a few other hands to be raised, and I pointed at a man in the middle of the sea of people.

"So, you were in a relationship before you found out Evelyn was pregnant?"

This time it was Louis' turn to answer. "Yes, we were. The day after we confessed our feelings for eachother, Harry went to Evelyn's house to break up with her. He did that successfully, but also learned then that she was pregnant."

He chose a woman close to the front.

"What are you going to do in terms of custody?"

My turn again. "Louis and I have agreed we will raise our son, Luke, while Evelyn will take our daughter Kate."

I called upon a woman in the back corner of the room.

"Will anybody be helping to raise your daughter?"

I was just about to answer when Zayn cut in. "Yes. I will be. I have been in a relationship with Evelyn for the past couple of months, helping Louis and Harry take care of her."

I didn't realise no one knew about them.

"Boys. Would you like to see some photographs of your fans reactions on twitter to Louis and Harry's relationship?" The man who organised the press conference asked.

We hesitantly agreed and looked to the wall where the first photo was being projected. As I expected, it was hate.

The man went through a slideshow of photos taken from twitter, where our group account had asked for honest opinions on our relationship.

Much to my surprise, there was an equal number of supportive comments than there was hate. I thought for sure no one would like us. Apparently I was wrong.

"This concludes today's interview. We'd like to thank you all for coming." The man said, and our security got us out of the room.

"How are you feeling, boys?" I recognised this man as the one who had the idea to fake Evelyn and I's relationship.

"Slightly better, knowing we aren't as hated as I expected." I confessed.

"That's good. You still have a lot of work after this to go boys. I'm sure the media won't stop talking about you guys for at least another week. That includes you too, Zayn." He said, looking at Zayn at the end who just nodded.

"I'm glad you've got this out of the way though boys. Congratulations on everything." He smiled, shook our hands and walked away.

"I hope you boys know we're going to lose a lot fans because of this." The man that organised the event said, walking up to us.

"We understand, sir." Louis said.

"As long as you know." He replied and walked away.

"Can we just go home now?" Louis asked.

Home. That sounded good.