Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Harry POV

The next 3 months were the worst I'd ever experienced. We had to postpone the tour which was meant to start at the beginning of the second month, and almost every week we'd have some sort of press conference or meeting to deal with.

I think it would have been harder for Zayn, especially since he had to hide how much pain he was going through. Everyone could probably see through it though. He stayed quiet in interviews unless a question was directed specifically at him. When it was, he would try and answer in as little words as possible in case he started crying.

We were told the twins heartbeats were getting stronger everyday, and by the last month they were completely healthy, from what the doctors could tell anyway. Now all we were waiting for was the call to say that Evelyn was going into labour.

"Harry. Would you like some breakfast?" Louis asked from where I was sitting on the couch scrolling through twitter.

"No thanks." I hadn't eaten much of anything since Eve first went to hospital. Zayn hadn't either. He'd actually been to hospital twice because of it. Louis wouldn't let me get that bad though.

I continued to scroll, not really reading anything. It was all the same anyway, half the tweets wishing Evelyn, the twins and I luck, and the other half was filled with nasty comments saying things like she deserved it, and they hope the twins die. I'd learnt to ignore those people.

Suddenly my phone started ringing in my hand.

"Hello?" I pressed the phone to my ear.

"It's Zayn. Come to the hospital. Eve's been complaining about having stomach pains all morning. They think she's going to have the twins today." Zayn rushed through the phone.

"We're on our way. Thanks Zayn." I said and hung up the phone. "We're going to the hospital. Come on."

I dragged Louis to the car and he drove as fast as he could to the hospital. We rushed through the hall to Evelyn's room, pushing through the door.

"Hey." She smiled from the hospital bed.

She looked bigger than ever today. The doctors told us normally people with twins don't make it through the full 9 months, but because she wasn't doing much moving around she could handle carrying that much weight. Still, she was massive. When she did get to go for a walk around the hospital she needed someone on either side of her at all times, in case anything happened. She couldn't really use her hands much when she walked either, considering she'd have them holding her stomach most of the time.

"How are you feeling?" I asked walking over to place my hands on her stomach.

"The nurses say I'm going to have them today." She grinned at me, oblivious to the fact that we already knew.

"That's great! You'll finally get to see them." Louis smiled at her and she nodded in agreement.

"Are you going to have a caesarian?" I asked.

"I don't think so. The doctors suggested it, but I don't really want to. So we're going to see how I go and if anything happens they'll do it." She sighed and looked at her stomach.

She didn't even have to move her head to look. The position she was in gave her a full view of her stomach, and she often complained about not being able to see past it even when sitting up.

We chatted for about half an hour, Eve complaining a couple of times about her stomach pains but nothing major.

It wasn't until she gasped in shock that we started to worry.

"Are you ok? Do you want us to get a nurse? What happened?" Zayn stood up and fussed over her.

"My.. It's.. Help." Was all she could manage before getting choked up.

I sat there stunned as Zayn ran out to find a nurse. I was the only one who knew what happened. Eve's water just broke.

Zayn came rushing in with a nurse moments later, and Louis and I were ushered out of the room, Zayn refusing to leave her side. I wanted to be there to see them, but I knew it was for the best. I probably would have been sick anyway.

Louis and I sat in seats just outside her door, so we could hear everything going on inside.

Louis sat and rubbed circles on my back, trying to comfort me, but now honestly, I was fine. This was the moment I'd been waiting 9 months for. The day I'd get to meet mine and Evelyn's children. We'd had a lot of issues along the way, but it had all led to this one moment.

Louis and I had talked about it. We weren't going to come out in public until Evelyn, Zayn and our kids were settled. We still weren't sure about the custody, but we were going to book a meeting to discuss it in about a week. Everything was finally falling into place.

The whole time Louis just sat and comforted me. Towards the end I did need it, when I could hear Eve's agonising screams of pain come from the room behind. It was worth it though. It meant it was nearly time to meet them.

A scream a lot longer and more painful erupted from the room, and my head snapped up in worry. It wasn't until I heard crying that I realised what had happened. Our first child had been born. I could hear cheering, then a nurse announce it was a boy. Luke. That was the name we decided if there was a boy.

I heard Zayn saying encouraging words to Eve. He kept telling her she was nearly there, and there was only one more to go. I assumed he meant child.

Seconds later, Evelyn's screams filled the hall again, and I knew our second child was on its way. I clutched onto Louis in anticipation, as I heard Eve's ear-piercing screaming just like before. Just as suddenly as it had started, it stopped.

"A girl." The same nurse from before announced. Kate. Kate was the name we had picked for our daughter.

Evelyn's laughter flittered out into the hall. I could hear how exhausted she was, but it was a sound of pure happiness. I could hear Zayn and Eve talking, they sounded like they were discussing something. Evelyn said something to one of the nurses, then the door next to us swung open. We stood up immediately.

"You can come in and meet your children Mr. Styles." The nurse smiled at me and Lou's hand around my waist was the only thing stopping me from running in there.

There they were. One was in Eve's arms, Kate, and the other being held out to me. I grabbed him immediately and cuddled the child gently to my chest. I could feel Louis close behind me as I walked over and sat on the chair next to Evelyn. This moment was perfect.