Chapter 2

Christina and I are at a boutique in the Pit.  I'm looking hurriedly for something nice, business-like, and able to be worn at a party.  Christina is helping me choose but her ensembles are just not what I'm looking for.  They're either too revealing or just not my style.  She has a thing about pants, too.  I feel like I should wear a skirt or dress, though.  I think they're much prettier and more feminine.
I flip through a rack of skirts.  The pencil skirt looks like something to wear in an office but not to a party.  Some are too tight or short.  I pass by several more that I'm uninterested in to find a lovely full skirt.  It has a tulle ruffle underneath and looks like it'll come either to my knees or just below.  I select my size smiling and move on to the shirt section passing by several racks that are just totally not something I'm looking for.  I discover a rack with selections of buttoned down collared shirts.  I peruse through them thinking they're either too plain or too business-like.  I find one with a puffier sleeve at the shoulder, somewhat short sleeves, and a lacy trim around the collar and placard.  I grasp it and quickly head to the fitting room since I'm running out of time. 
I change in a rush and peek out of the door in search of Christina to tell me if this'll work.  I see her with a few articles in hand. 
"Hey, what do you think?" I question. 
She looks up from the pants she was holding.  Her expression alone tells me I chose well. 
"Wow," she says. "That'll definitely do."
I smile gratefully before closing the door and changing back.  I step out a moment later and make my way toward the checkout counter while I see Christina head to the fitting room.  I notice a display of makeup nearby that catches my eye and I wonder if I should maybe get some.  I remember how striking my eyes looked in just the eyeliner alone.  I ponder on what to do for a moment but decide to wait for Christina since I don't even know what most of this stuff is though.  There's just too great a selection of products for me to even choose by myself.
I see some pretty shoes out of the corner of my eye and decide to walk over and peruse that section.  I step over there and grab a simple heel in my size.  I set my selections aside before I slide the heels on and walk around in them.  It's a little awkward but I do really like the added height they give me.  They're not too terribly cumbersome or uncomfortable.  I decide they'll go well with what I've already selected. 
As I slip them back into the box, Christina approaches me. 
"I think I've just found my new favorite store," she says giggling. 
"I like my clothes, too," I agree. 
"Oh, and you're getting shoes, too?" she questions shocked. 
I pull the lid from the box and show them to her. 
"You'll look so good in those and they're heels!  I'm impressed," she tells me genuinely. 
I smile at the compliment but I bite my cheek in nervousness. 
"What's wrong?" she asks. 
"Could you help me choose some makeup?" I inquire. 
Christina gasps and gives me a bigger hug than when my rank was announced.  I think that's a yes.