Chapter 49 (Eric's POV)

I comb through my hair once more after my shower. I feel so much better with my hair clean and the gel in it. Tris noticed my natural curls at the beach. Unlike everyone else who used to tease me about them, she actually seems to like them. They're way too wild though for this length. I definitely prefer this style to any other I've attempted.
I open the bathroom door to let Tris in. She's been examining my sister's and mother's clothes.
"Your turn," I tell her. She grabs her armful of Dauntless attire. She kisses me as she passes me in the hall. I smile into the kiss.
"I'll be done in a few minutes," she whispers on my lips before kissing me gently again.
She backs away and shuts the door softly. I grin at how incredible she looks, though she's even thinner than I actually expected. She's so beautiful and sexy. I had to try to keep my thoughts in check from my first real glimpse of her, focusing on her eyes and her fears. I'm glad she's putting on some weight—some muscle mass, too. Maybe we'll eat here at Amity again. She actually ate more than in Dauntless. I was surprised at how good their food was—fresher even.
I decide to raid the pantry downstairs. I know there's most likely nothing here to make a meal with. I just want to take an inventory of what I have. I flip the switch and step in. There are several boxes of macaroni and cheese. Those should be fine. I see two boxes of oatmeal mixes. They have a variety of flavors so Tris would probably like those better than the plain stuff. There's a couple boxes of cereal. The dates on them say they should still be good but we ought to finish them off this summer. I see a partial jar of peanut butter. I open it and it should still be edible. There are a couple cans each of tuna and chicken, some miscellaneous varieties of cans of soup. I guess we could eat that but I'd rather see what Amity has or go back to Dauntless for that matter. It's fine when we're just staying here, though. I see some jugs of juice and a package of almond milk. I check the date on it. It's just past the expiration date but it's possible it's still good. I'll wait to open it, though. We could come back a month later and it'll definitely be bad by then if I open it and it doesn't get used up. I check the cabinets in the kitchen but they're empty.  I open the fridge and it's working so that's good. 
I decide to sit in the living room on the sofa and wait for my sweetheart.  I pat the dust off of the love seat cushions and the back before I take a seat.  I hear my phone chime but I realize it's an incoming call.  I pick up. 

"Hello?"

"Eric, it's Max.  We're going to have a meeting tonight after dinner.  Will you both be able to make it in time?"

"Yeah, we should.  We were probably going to eat here.  We can stop at the Amity shops, too, before we come back."

"Alright.  How'd it go?"

"Good here, but I've got something I need to discuss with you later."

"Alright.  Oh, we're having our meeting with Abnegation tomorrow afternoon."

"Wait... during a council meeting?"

"The rest of the staff will carry out the meeting.  The main leaders are coming here to discuss more important issues."

"Really?  I'm completely surprised by that."

"Yeah, me, too.  They said they're bringing a supply of the honesty serum with them.  Some to replace what we've already used and the rest... well, they want to be sure that they can completely trust us."

"Alright, although if you know who is present, there may be an elephant unleashed in the room."

"Yeah, I was thinking of that, too.  Maybe we'll just have to bring it up first."

"Maybe we should."

"Alright.  Just call me when you're back and we'll meet you."

"Okay.  See you tonight."