8

here's another update... happy Sunday!

————

"What the hell was that?" Taylor asked, turning to glance through the window but the hallway was completely dark.

"Dude, you have a boyfriend," Kaia said, still trying to comprehend what the bloody hell had just happened. "Dude, you have a boyfriend who's sleeping in there in your bed."

Taylor turned back around and grimaced. "We're just casually dating. Technically, he never officially asked me out."

Kaia frowned because she hated how much she had enjoyed that kiss and how much she wanted to do it again. She had no right.

"Taylor—"

"I promise I'm not cheating," she said with a light shrug, her mind still focused on the crashing sound that had come from inside a moment ago.

Then why does this feel like it?

"I— is Tom aware of the fact that you're not exclusive?" Kaia asked, feeling more and more panicked. She got up and started pacing around the small pace.

"We never said that we were exclusive, so probably," Taylor responded somehow very calm about this. How could she be so calm about all of this? She had just kissed her. She had just kissed her.

"You're— bi?" Kaia asked in a whisper. Taylor stopped for a moment and turned to look at Kaia with a small frown.

"Honestly, I've never thought about the labels much. I'm just attracted to whoever I'm attracted to," she explained, turning around to open the window again and climb back inside.

"Taylor!" Kaia hissed, grabbing her by the sleeve of her sweater. "We need to talk about this!"

Taylor turned back around and walked over to Kaia with a light smile on her face. "We will. But I really want to know what the fuck they broke in there. It better not have been the fucking piano."

Taylor ducked back inside as though that hadn't just happened.

Kaia was stunned, but she also wanted to know how wrong that prank had just gone so she followed Taylor inside, walking down the dark hallway. Taylor switched the light on at the end and followed the screaming voices of her friends. They were led to Este's room where she was screaming murder at Cara who was rolling on the carpet, holding her side as she cried with laughter.

"You should have seen your faces," Cara cried out, wiping the tears off her face as she laughed harder.

There were a bunch of other people around, and Kaia wasn't surprised Mica wasn't with them. He could sleep through anything that one.

"What the fuck did you guys break?" Taylor exclaimed, looking around the messy room, clothes, pillows, cans of beer and bags of snacks strewn all about.

"Nothing," Karlie laughed, folding her arms over her chest. "Este crashed into the dresser and it tipped over," she explained, pointing at the large cupboard that was now on the floor. Kaia met the model's eyes across the room, noting how she stilled for a moment, observing her carefully as she poked her head from behind Taylor. It made Kaia frown even deeper and immediately break eye contact. She didn't know why she suddenly felt uncomfortable.

"Holy— y'all are cleaning this shit up," Taylor waved her finger at everyone before disappearing back into the hallway.

Taylor looked at Kaia with a small eyebrow raised but she just pointed backwards toward her room. "I think I should head back to sleep. Long day tomorrow."