14

thank you all so so so much for all the bday wishes!!! it means so much
and also the unbelievable love and support this story is getting! u guys are fucking awesome

———

. Taylor Swift and Kaia Browne are now running buddies... and Swift's bodyguard!

. Taylor Swift grabs brunch with new squad member Kaia Browne! Here's what their server had to say...

———————————

Blondie 💗: Let's go out drinking tonight!! Selena's in town and she rly wants to meet you :)

Kaia woke up in her bed back at her parents' house with Taylor's message blinking on her screen.

She hadn't seen her in a few days. Ever since, well...

Ever since the most mind-blowing night of her life.

She wanted to see Taylor again. She really did. But she wasn't entirely sure what she was doing yet. She didn't know where they stood. She didn't know if there could be anything to come out of this. She didn't know if this meant the end of their friendship.

They couldn't possibly remain good friends and spend nights in each other's company, could they?

She had watched the movie Friends with Benefits, and the other one, No Strings Attached. They weren't realistic in the slightest. Those kinds of relationships could never work in real life. She had tried casually dating in college. Someone always got jealous. Someone always caught feelings. Someone always ended up getting hurt.

And she loved her friendship with Taylor. In fact, the blonde singer was slowly becoming one of her closest friends. She had grown to trust her more than some people she had known for years. She had grown comfortable enough in her company to let her guard down. She couldn't possibly ruin that dynamic. It was rare and definitely special. There weren't too many people she could spend literal hours on the phone with talking about the last movie she watched and what her co-workers did that was so ridiculous, to opening up about her feelings when it came to the harder things going on in her life.

But then again...

The night they had spent together was one of the best nights she had ever spent with anyone. Kaia might have even said it was incomparable to anyone else. Did she really want to give that up?

There were a lot of things to consider anyway. They still had to factor in Tom. She didn't even know where Taylor stood on that matter.

It was all so confusing.

All she knew was that she wanted to see Taylor again more than anything but that she also couldn't get herself to see her. She couldn't stop thinking about her, and the way her body felt tangled with hers, smooth and warm skin sliding against hers. She couldn't get the feeling of Taylor's soft lips on hers out of her head. Even at the mere thought, her lips tingled and she reached up with her hand to pinch the bottom one. Even those heavenly sounds she had been breathing out all night long were clouding her thoughts and memories.

Kaia could not escape. Especially not when Taylor had texted her almost every day since then to check up on her, as a caring friend more so than anything else.

But Kaia only had another few days in New York, and she wouldn't be seeing Taylor for a while. Maybe taking her up on that offer wouldn't be so bad. Besides, the thought of meeting Taylor's good friend Selena Gomez was too good to let herself pass up on that opportunity.