26

hey guys!!! First of all... thank you so much for 40K+ reads... absolutely insane!!
Second of all, I'm terribly sorry I missed the Sunday update! I noticed that there was a plot hole in the story and taking the direction i want this story to go in into consideration, i had to go back to a few chapters and change a few things. So if you feel like it, you can go back and check the changes but for the most part, it didn't affect any part of the plot!!

Anyway!! Thank you for your patience and support. I love you guys! And enjoy this chapter :)

———

Kaia didn't get much sleep that night. She woke up early to the sound of birds chirping outside and simply could not go back to sleep, even though she had nothing on her schedule for the day besides the premiere later on that evening.

She had spent the night tossing and turning in bed, unable to forget the feeling of Taylor's lips on her own. God, they had been so soft. And yes, Kaia had mocked her for ordering chocolate flavoured yoghurt, but it had tasted heavenly. It took everything in her not to walk down the hall and knock on Taylor's door.

No. She wasn't going to do anything so stupid. She would have to take things slow because she had a good feeling about this. And rushing into anything would ruin any chances they had at, well, whatever it was that they had going on between them. Kaia had no idea herself what it was. But she was certain that she was, to put it quite simply, truly fucked, and she definitely, undeniably, truly had very strong feelings for the blonde. And those feelings weren't going anywhere any time soon. Or possibly ever.

She didn't get up from bed until Mica came over at around ten, which was a good thing, because she would have otherwise totally forgotten to pick her sister up from the airport at one.

As soon as she had opened the door for him though, he seemed to have noticed how distraught she was.

"Yo, what happened to you?" he asked, kicking the door closed behind him and slipping out of his crocs. Yes, crocs. Kaia would die on that hill, anyway. They were comfortable, no matter what anyone said about them.

"Nothing, what happened to you?" She shot back, trudging over to the kitchen to make herself some tea. That ought to make her feel better.

"I've brought coffee and doughnuts," he announced, setting down the cardboard coffee cup tray and the box of doughnuts on the counter. Mica didn't even waste time in grabbing one himself and picking up the extra-large cup of some super sweet and extremely caffeinated frappé, already half empty.

"Gee, thanks!" She muttered sarcastically. The last thing she needed right now was coffee to make her even more jittery. She would be anxious and vibrating the rest of the day.

"I got you a chai latte, I know you and your preferences. You don't have to be so bitchy about it," he shot back and then proceeded to take an unbothered bite from his breakfast doughnut. "Pourquoi t'a le seum, de toute façon? Il est à peine dix heures du matin, putain'!" [Why are you so pissy, anyway? It's barely even bloody ten in the morning!]

Kaia sighed heavily, realising the only thing that would probably help her destress a little was a long run. She walked over to the fridge instead and grabbed the bottle of orange juice to get a small drink and quench her dry mouth. She didn't give Mica an answer immediately, but when her eyes darted upwards, he seemed to have caught on and a malicious grin spread over his face.

"What happened, then? Spit it out."

Kaia instantly shut him up with a glare.

"Be quiet, I don't know if she's up," she muttered through gritted teeth.