28

sooooo.... i caught covid.... and im stuck quarantining at home for the next 10 days.... so.... here's an update!!!

Taylor Swift reportedly joins Kaia Browne at the Morning Dew premiere!

————

On Taylor's last day back home in Nashville, when Abby texted her and asked her to go shopping for some new linens for her new place, Taylor couldn't say no. She missed her childhood best friend immensely since she never got to see her as much as she would have liked, even when she was in the same state sometimes. She had spent the whole week with her mom, splitting some time to see her dad and other family members for a day, so they had only gotten to hang out and catch up a handful of times. Although, of course, Abigail already knew everything going on in Taylor's life because she had the tendency to text her in a panicked frenzy whenever anything remotely interesting happened to her; anything from her cats having a fight, to sleeping with one of her best friends.

"Do you want coffee?" Abby asked as soon as she got in the car and buckled her seatbelt. Taylor pulled the car out of the driveway and chuckled. Like that was even a question to ask.

"Duh, the good Autumn-y flavours are finally out!" She replied, her mouth already drooling at the thought of getting an extra sweet, extra caffeinated maple latte.

"Right, silly question," her friend laughed, stealing the AUX cord from Taylor's phone while she was too focused on a stop sign and switching it to her own.

"Don't play anything shitty," Taylor warned, glancing at Abby with a playful glare before turning her attention back to the road, making sure no one was coming so she could turn right.

"When do I ever?" The strawberry blonde scoffed, flipping her hair over her shoulder for a dramatic effect.

"All the time!" Taylor exclaimed, recalling the last time she found a certain rap song on one of her playlists. She honestly didn't care what music her friend listened to, you know, as long as it wasn't in her presence.

"That was one time!"

"And I will call you out on it every chance I get," Taylor shot her a grin, pulling up at the drive-through of a local coffee shop.

They got two maple lattes to go, and Taylor was more than happy to take a picture with the young teenage girl who served them after she had recognised her through the window, and then they were back on their way toward the stores.

With sunglasses on and Greg right behind them, Taylor felt safe enough to be out in public. She wasn't sure how she had gotten lucky enough that people hadn't yet figured out her location, but she really wasn't complaining.

"So, what time are you leaving for New York again?" Abby asked as they were walking aimlessly around a pretty large store. This early on a Monday morning, it was scarcely crowded, with more employees milling about than customers.

"In the morning," Taylor replied absentmindedly as she checked out a welcome matt in the shape of a cat. "Aw, look!"

Abby glanced at the rug with narrowed eyes and shook her head. "Nope, you're not convincing me to buy more cat shit. I have that entire tea-set that I never use, those embroidered hand towels, the fricken shower curtains! I am so glad the new house has glass curtains in the bathroom."

Taylor rolled her eyes, fighting off a smile while walking away.

"So, around eight or something?" Abby casually went back to their previous conversation and Taylor nodded.