34

yall tiny note, William Bower IS Will, Kaia's costar😭 I think the name was mentioned in an earlier chapter. Anyway, it wasn't supposed to be right Like I wasn't gonna make him Will Bowery but then my friend was like "wouldn't it be hilarious if you named him Will Bowery?" And it just kinda was rly funny at the time 💀 so yeah... anyway he's NOT gonna be Joe and seriously you guys have nothing to worry about on that end i promise !! Anyway. It's gonna be funny. I think... I hope. Wew!

Anyway so I *did* finish writing this story. We're looking at 39 chapters... just thought I'd let you guys know!

Is it gonna be the end? I dunno... that's for y'all to find out!! :)

anygays, enjoy this chapter! I think it's a cute one :)

——————

The Decoy plan was given the green light almost immediately. Taylor wasn't surprised that when Kaia had suggested the idea to her publicist, Emma had thought that it was a good idea. The repercussions of anyone finding out that the relationship was fake could be disastrous, but as long as no one confirmed nor denied any rumours, they would be okay. Besides, according to Emma and Will's management team, it would be a great move for their individual careers seeing as the public loved them so much on screen already.

Will, though, very surprisingly, was way too enthusiastic about the whole ordeal.

When Kaia FaceTimed him, he answered immediately after only two rings.

"Hey! Hey! How's my favourite work wife doing?"

Taylor watched from across the room as Kaia's face bunched up in a grimace. "Nope. Don't call me that. Why are you so excited? It's way too early."

"It's around two in the afternoon here, I've been up for ages!"

"Good for you, William! So... I take it you've read the email?"

Taylor had read the very formal email proposing the dating arrangements, including all the paperwork that needed to be signed by both parties involved, and everyone who would be aware of the ordeal. It was all way too legal. She wasn't exactly fond of any of it.

"Ah, we're jumping straight to business. Let me adjust my tie!"

Taylor raised her eyebrow at her girlfriend. "Is he even wearing a tie?" She asked and Kaia simply looked up with a tired look on her face and shook her head.

"Will, this is serious!"

"I know, I know. Relax, Kaia. I know how important this is to you, and I'm very happy to help! I've already gone over the paperwork and signed everything—"

"That fast?" Kaia cut him off in surprise. Taylor was shocked herself. She would have thought that a man like Will would have at least taken some more time to think about signing over his dating life for at least the next year.

"Yeah, it's no big deal!" The man chuckled on the other end of the line.

"Will... you realise you'll be putting your real dating life on the line for a year or so?" Kaia asked, looking at her phone with concern in her eyes.

"Yes, Kibs! I've already talked to Mills about this. She knows this business. She's more than happy to stay lowkey for this—"

"Wait," Kaia interrupted him again, eyes wide. Taylor herself had sat up suddenly in her seat. "You told Emilia about... everything?"

"What? Oh, no! Don't worry. I didn't tell her about you and Taylor. I thought you would want to break the news to your friends in your own time. No, I just told her it's a work thing that we need to do. Which, on my end, isn't a lie. This is going to be great for our careers!"