27

Hi besties!!! Hope you enjoy this one :)

Taylor went about her long morning routine, shaving every bit of skin until she was silky smooth, before moving on to wash her hair and her body. With a towel wrapped around her when she was done, she stood in front of the bathroom sink to brush her teeth and apply some cleanser and moisturisers to her face.

By the time she was done, Taylor had been hauled up in there for a good hour. As she was leaving the bathroom, she had not expected to run straight into someone. Her hand gripped her towel tightly as she took a couple of steps back, taking in Kaia's figure in her shorts and her hoodie.

"Oh, sorry, I didn't know you were in there," Kaia apologised softly, pushing her hair out of her face.

"No worries," Taylor replied softly, sending her a little smile. Kaia was avoiding her gaze at all costs, looking everywhere but Taylor's face, which only seemed to make her cheeks turn a deeper shade of red. "Good run?"

"Yeah, yeah, not bad," Kaia nodded, her eyes glued to the floor. "You don't have to worry that Layla's here, by the way. She's going to be staying in my parents' old room. Her room's still yours."

"Oh, right. Okay, I hope I'm not inconveniencing you guys or anything," she responded. She never did check out from the hotel room she had booked, so, she still had that option technically.

"Oh, shut up. Of course, you're not!" Kaia exclaimed, finally looking up to meet her eyes.

"I'm just saying—"

"Just go get dressed, will you?" Kaia wasn't hearing any of it, which amused Taylor immensely. She simply nodded and stepped back into the bedroom to put some clothes on.

The day went by relatively fast. They weren't supposed to be at the venue until five when the red-carpet event was set to start, so she didn't rush herself while getting ready. She kept it quite simple, straightening her hair and leaving it to fall down to its natural shoulder length. Layla had very kindly asked (practically begged) her to let her do her make-up, seeing as she was already doing everyone else's and she had this great new palette she wanted to try and apparently, it was perfect for Taylor's complexion. Upon the blonde's request, she did try and keep it lowkey, though.

"What colour's your outfit?" Layla asked, pulling her eyeshadow palette open.

"You're looking at it," Taylor joked, brushing her hands down the front of her bathrobe.

"You know what? That's a fashion statement, and I think you could definitely make it work," Kaia's sister responded with a light chuckle.

"You give me too much credit," Taylor mumbled and then held her nails up that she had painted earlier to match her dress. "Black."

"Oooh, dark! I like it, okay," Layla's lips puckered as she stared deeply into her makeup kit. "Okay, how do we feel about red?"

"You mean, the look I'm now known for?" She chuckled, sending the older Browne sibling a small smirk. "Yeah, just not too bright tonight?"

"Fine," Layla sighed heavily before running her brush over one of the lighter shades. "Curious, though..."

Taylor hummed in response, letting Layla know she could continue with her question even when she had shut her eyes to let the artist do her work.

"Why are you doing everything to try and blend into the background as much as possible?"

"Tonight's not about me," Taylor answered. And of course, she didn't want to steal anyone's spotlight at a premiere she had nothing to do with. But she also wasn't ready for an official public appearance yet and would most certainly not be able to handle any shitty comments the internet would have to say about her the next morning. Things were only just starting to die down.