Tales of The Duck Couple Part 1

We've seen the tale of how Donald and Della were born and how their adventuring lives with Scrooge truly began. But how did Donald and Daisy ever meet? What's their story? We go back 8 months before the Duck Twins first met Scrooge.

It's a bright spring morning today in Duckburg. We go to Donald and Della's old elementary school: Duckburg Elementary which is just like any other schools: big, has a bunch of facilities and a front and backyard for kids to play in.

Pre-teen Donald and Della (Donald wearing his dark blue half-sleeved hoodie and Della wearing her pre-teen pilot outfit) were in there classroom along with pre-teen Goofy, Mickey, Minnie and a bunch of other students.

Goofy was wearing a yellow T-shirt, orange vest, his signature marrowbone hat and brown shoes.

Mickey was wearing a light blue T-shirt, red shorts and brown shoes.

Minnie wore a pink T-shirt underneath light blue overall shorts, pink bow and pink heeled boots.

Della, Minnie and a couple of other girls were sharing a nice conversation together. Goofy was doing a little juggling act that Mickey laughs at while Donald was sat all alone on his desk by the window with his guitar.

Mickey: Wow! You're doing great Goofy!

Goofy: Thanks, Mick!

Unfortunately, Goofy's hands slip and the balls end up bashing his head and he drops on his back in a comical daze, invoking laughter from a bunch of other students.

Della had just finished telling an adventurous story to Minnie and the other girls.

Della: And then Donald and I tied up the Beagle Boys and strung them down from the bank raptors like a yo-yo.

The girls give small applause and Minnie laughs.

Minnie: You and Donald really love to adventure, don't you?

Della: What can I say, Min? Adventure's in our blood! So…have any of you here ever met the new student that's coming today?

Girl 1: I've never really heard of her.

Minnie: Minnie holds up her hand. Oh, I know. Believe it or not, she and I have been best friends forever since kindergarten.

Della: Really? What's her name?

As the girls continue speaking Donald was playing with his guitar, bored and uninterested.

Donald: Same old boring day at school. Today's gonna be a total bummer.

Mickey: Mickey and Goofy approach him. Aww. Don't say that Donald. I mean we've got a new student coming in here. That means a new friend for us to make.

Donald: Donald just scoffs. Please, we've had a bunch of new guys and new girls come in before, what's the big fuss about this one.

Goofy: There's no big fuss pal. Everyone's just looking forward to meeting someone new.

Della roughly wraps an arm around Donald with an energetic smile.

Della: Come on, Donnie! Show some positivity! Who knows, whoever the new student is you might form a huge crush on her.

Donald: Donald scoffs again. Sorry, sis, but I don't do romance. This guy isn't falling in love with anyone.

Della: You say that now but when the new girl comes in I guarantee you're gonna be staring in complete awe with your eyes and beak wide open, unable to say anything.