Chapter 28: How I Started Grooming A Maid

It seems I've gained a sister.

Wait...stop.

I know what you're all thinking.

"That sperm-less loser, err Mark, finally managed to have a child?"

No...that's not what I mean, although Romy and Mark have been acting quite strange lately. I wouldn't be surprised if that was actually the case, but nothing has been said yet. Besides if those two had a girl, she'd be my cousin. Wait...I'm not really Romy and Mark's nephew, right? So, it'd be like an adopted sister...

Eh, whatever!

What I'm really talking about is the Demi-Cat girl, which saved my life. See...after the operation, it took quite a while for her to wake up. Still, she recovered unexpectedly quickly. None of us would have been surprised if it took her a week or more to regain herself, but in the span of a few days, she awoke. During that time, Romy and Mark went to town and found the girl's parents. After they were told of the situation, they ran over here to make sure their daughter was okay. Incidentally, adult Demi-Cats are quite cute. Even the males have the ears and tail, although their fur is a bit coarser than the females. In my past life, I always considered getting a cat. However, the knowledge that they would grow old and die before me, held me back every time. Ugh, I keep thinking about the old days. Come on, Myrr, that's all in the past now. Let it go!

Anyways, I explained to her parents that we were attacked by a Demon Scout and that their daughter had saved my life. Despite my insistence that she was the one who protected me, when they heard that I assisted in her healing, somehow the story got a little mixed up. I'm not entirely sure...but I have the feeling that Demi-Cats may not understand our language very well. After some time, I managed to shake off their thanks before it became too embarrassing of a situation, but already, I think the damage has been done. Her parents love me.

To make the scenario worse, since I told Romy and Mark that the girl was my friend (which would technically make her my first friend my own age), this naturally got relayed to the girl's parents as well. Apparently, my new friend's name is Natalia and her father is Pisa. Her mother's name is Nadasha. Thus, when Natalia woke up in my bed (hey, I slept on the couch, it's not what you think, okay?) the first thing she heard was her parents heroically recounting the story of how I "saved" her by helping Mark find the right spots to heal. To be honest, I don't really think it mattered because when she heard that I was her friend now, it was already game over. And that...is how it happened. Now, whenever I go for a walk to cool off after getting beaten by Romy, there is no peace. No more calming forest and lonely sunshine. Because Natalia is waiting in the trees. I'm pretty sure she doesn't even leave at night...

Does she have a tent pitched outside?

How does she manage to find me instantly!

Can she track me by scent or something?!

"Are you sure you want to hang out with a weirdo like me?" I know I should be grateful to have made a friend, but I mean, I was twenty years old in my past life. Hanging out with a five-year-old kid with cat ears and a tail like some sort of weird cosplay, could really draw some misunderstandings. Like seriously, what if there is an inter-cosmic police force dedicated to catching reincarnated pedophiles in other worlds or something? I could end up on To Catch A Predator...Isekai Edition if I'm not careful.

"Myrr is my friend." That's pretty much all she says, unless it's to ask me a question. She's quite curious, which I guess makes sense because she's part cat. If I was really a child, this would really be the dream scenario, the childhood friend I never had. But though I try to be understanding, because apparently, I'm her only friend, it's kind of annoying to be clung to all the time. Is this what it's like to be a parent?