Part #20. Retelling.

"They were here. Ozpin, they were here!" a gloved hand slammed upon the headmaster's intricate desk.

"We are very much aware of that. Thank you, James." A woman's voice spoke harshly.

Ozpin was sitting at his desk, his head in his hands as he listened to the two in front of the desk bicker. He looked as if he was about to let out the loudest sigh achievable.

"Fantastic, you're aware. Now are we going to do something about it, or should we just stay the course and continue to ignore right what's in front of us?" The General asked loudly.

"Yeah, just talk about probable top secret information in front of a child, that's a good plan." A softer voice muttered from the wall.

Saffron was stationed next to the elevators, which he had just recently rode to step into Ozpin's office. The room was located near the top of Beacon's highest tower, and the room seemed to possess a green hue.
Placed at the Eastern and Western walls, were two large mechanisms covered by glass, so you could see the hundreds of gears inside. Ozpin's desk had the same design, with revolving gears almost distracting those who were near it. Saffron had experienced that when he could barely make eye contact with the headmaster, opting to stare at the gears instead. After a few seconds of staring into the desk, he decided to move away from the desk, and was thus leaning against the southern wall.

"I do hope you can forgive the misgivings of my colleagues, Saffron." Ozpin said to the student.

"It's fine, Professor. I haven't heard anything that I can sue over. So it should be fine." The boy replied with a smile.

Saffron was about to make a joke about how he could start a conspiracy, but the elevator had let out a loud chime, signaling the arrival of Saffron's fellow student, Ruby Rose.

The first view Ruby got, was Ozpin standing behind his desk, as he had gotten up to greet the student as he had done when Saffron arrived. In front of the desk stood General Ironwood and Professor Glynda Goodwitch. Ironwood was in his usual attire, formal and clad in white. Goodwitch was in her widely-known tight black skirt, white long-sleeved blouse with a fairly large keyhole-shaped neckline, brown stockings and black high-heeled boots. Saffron had absolutely no idea how she moved in battle.

Ruby was in her black and red combat uniform. Saffron could clearly see how she could maneuver in battle, but the reasoning behind the skirt had always eluded him.

"Sorry it took so long." Ruby spoke. "Someone accidentally hit all the buttons on the elevator on the way up here..." She raised her hands. "It wasn't me."

Saffron saw Professor Goodwitch's eyes glance over to him.

"Don't look at me. I didn't do it." He said defensively. Ruby finally noticed the boy and looked to the side.

Saffron was leaning with his back against the wall. He was in his Beacon uniform, but he had left his blazer back in his room. Leaving him with a white button-up shirt under a dark blue vest, a red tie, black slacks and black shoes. His arms were crossed and he stifled a yawn. He had to wake up fairly early to get to Ozpin's office before Ruby smashed all of the elevator buttons like her life depended on it.

"Thank you for coming Ruby. How are you feeling?" Ozpin asked the girl.

"Okay... I guess? I'd feel better if my bad guy catching record wasn't "oh" for three." She let out a weak laugh while holding up three fingers.

When there wasn't a laugh from anyone (the only reaction she got was a smile on Saffron's face.) she rubbed the back of her head.

"Okay so that's the tone we're going for, got it..." She said quietly.