Part #5. First Class

(Kyu: Three parts in one day! Have a great day and enjoy!)

[Saffron's POV]

It was a new day, I had just woken up in a nice comfy bed and I sat up and stretched my arms out, I was currently in my new dorm room in the Beacon Dormitories, I was given this, as well as a phone I got from the Headmaster, who's name is Ozpin, everyone calls him Professor Ozpin though.

I looked around my room, it was a basic room, just like a couple closets, a few desks, and four beds. Yeah since teams are usually made up of four people, there are usually four beds, I've been thinking about what I could do with these beds, I could either get them out of my room, or I could use them to make like a quadruple bunk bed.

I like the second idea. But it would probably be kinda dangerous, so I'll probably just get rid of them.

I got out of my bed and saw on one of the desks was my new phone, it's actually called a "Scroll" here but, it's actually just a phone.

I picked it up and turned it on, it looked like a phone, but it's a bit cooler than a phone, the top and bottom part of it is solid, but the rest of the phone, like the screen, is holographic so the scroll is actually collapsible.

I turned off my new scroll and the two solid parts of it got pulled together and the screen disappeared, the two halves made a yellow diamond shape which if I pressed would bring back the screen.

I put the scroll back on the table and I opened a closet, on the door was a uniform that I needed to wear. So I pulled it off of the door and removed the clothing I got when I woke up in this world.

I was soon dressed in my uniform and ready to go to my first class, but... The problem is that I don't know how to tie a neck tie. I never really learned since I didn't need to.

So I just kinda tied it into a knot, now it just looks like I have a really thick ribbon instead of a tie, I supposed it could work for now.
I grabbed my scroll and put it in my pocket, I walked over to a mirror and looked at myself in the uniform.

The male uniform was a black suit lined with gold, accompanied by a blue vest, a white shirt, and a red neck tie, but since I didn't know how to properly tie a neck tie, it looked like I just had a ribbon around my neck.

I looked at my very messy dark blonde hair, and I tried to flatten it slightly, but it was no use, it just kinda poofed back up.

I sighed and I walked out of my room, I pulled out my scroll to look at the time, and I saw it was around eight thirty.
I put the scroll back in my pocket as I walked to my first class.

I was in the class that this teacher named Professor Port, was teaching. He was a man with well groomed gray hair, and an even more well groomed giant gray mustache. I was among the first to get to class, and Teams RWBY and JNPR were nearly late.
I was sitting near the back as I listened to Professor Port start his lesson.

Professor Port: "Monsters! Demons... Prowlers of the night. Yes, the creatures of grimm have many names." He started. I looked at the wall behind him and saw several drawings of what I assumed were Creatures of Grimm. I saw a few that I recognized, the Beowolf, the Death Stalker, and the giant bird, there was also a boar, and a bear.

Professor Port: "But I, merely refer to them as prey." He laughed kinda weirdly before continuing.

Professor Port: "Uhh, and you shall too, upon graduating from this prestigious academy. Now as I was saying, Vale, as well as the other three kingdoms, are safe havens in an otherwise treacherous world. Our planet is absolutely teeming with creatures that would love nothing more than to tear you to pieces. And that's where we come in." He said.

Professor Port: "Huntsman! Huntresses." Once he said the word "Huntresses" he clicked his tongue towards a blonde haired girl that was in the group who was fighting the giant bird.
The girl chuckled nervously.

Professor Port: "Individuals who have sworn to protect those who cannot protect themselves. From what you ask? Why... The very world!" He announced.

There was a random student in the second row who shouted something.

Student: "Eyyyyyyyy-YEAH!" He yelled.

Everyone just decided to sort of ignore that, and the lesson continued.

Professor Port: "That is what you are training to become. But first, a story. A tale of a young, handsome, man. Me. When I was a boy-" He was saying, but my mind just cut him off as I had gotten so bored I was thinking of what toppings I could put on pizza that has never been tried before. So far I got mint leaves, apple slices, and peanut butter, thinking of those toppings on a pizza made me feel like I was committing a sin, so I stopped. But unfortunately Professor Port's story had faded back into my mind, it's not like I have anything against him, it's just that I feel like if I listen to enough of his stories, I will go insane.

Professor Port: "Despite smelling of cabbages, my grandfather was a wise man. "Peter," he told me-" He was saying but my mind blocked him out once again.

The girls in the front row were laughing, but that stopped when the Professor cleared his throat.

Professor Port: "In the end the beowolf was no match for my sheer tenacity.And I returned to my village with the beast in captivity and my head held high. Celebrated, as a hero." Professor Port bowed to the class as he finished his story. He then started speaking again.

Professor Port: "The moral of the story? A true huntsman must be honorable." He said, but then I realized. What the heck is a Huntsman? I had just realized that I had no idea what this school was teaching us, judging from how the initiation went, I guess Huntsman are professional monster hunters.
I was interrupted from my thoughts as Port continued.

Professor Port: "A true huntsman must be dependable. A true huntsman must be strategic... Well-educated... And wise! So, who among you believes themselves to be the embodiment of these traits?" He asked the class.

I immediately thought that I was a "Hell No" for each of these questions, but thankfully I didn't have to do anything as the white haired girl who was also fighting the gigantic bird raised her hand.

White Haired Girl: "I do sir!" She stated.

Professor Port: "Well then, let's find out." He said as he gestured his hand towards a cage with glowing red eyes in it. "Step forward, and face your opponent." He continued as the beast within the cage growled.

The white haired girl had walked out of the room and came back in her combat outfit, which was a white top underneath a white jacket with the ends of the sleeves going slightly blue, and she was also wearing a... Skirt? What? I don't understand, if this is a combat school... Who in god's name would be wearing a skirt while fighting monsters! It doesn't make any sense!

I'm just gonna ignore that for now.
I'll spare you all the details of the girl fighting, I'll just tell you the highlights.

So, the beast in the cage was a black boar that had red eyes and white armor, the girl got her rapier caught in between its tusks, and then she lost the weapon, but then she got it back, jumped into the air and landed on a magical platform, and she stabbed the boar in its underside where there was no armor.

I was curious about the magical platform, but I would have to question it later.

Professor Port: "It appears we are in the presence of a true huntress in training. I'm afraid that's all the time we have for today. Be sure to cover the assigned readings and, stay vigilant. Class dismissed." He said before the white haired girl stormed out.

Wait a second, what does he mean by "Cover the assigned readings" I've been here all day and I swear to god, he never assigned any readings.
What is this blasphemy? I demand a retrial! Wait... That's the wrong thing, I think.

(Kyu: And another part done, hope you all enjoyed and have a great day!)