Part #4. New Friends

(Kyu: Hope you all have a great day! And I hope you'll enjoy the story.)

[Saffron's POV]

I had soon reached a small temple sort of thing, it was basically just a platform in the ground made of stone bricks, and it was surrounded by small arches that were about the size of a small tree.

I saw that most of what I assumed were the "relics" had been taken, there were only four pieces left, all of them were black knights, I grabbed one of the black knights and I heard some commotion over the hill, I walked over the hill and saw four people battling a giant armored scorpion, and a giant bird with a white mask... So, remember what I thought about me being ready for anything?

I changed my mind, I don't want this, take me back.

But, unfortunately, I decided to try and help them, I assumed that all of them had already teamed up, so there wasn't a risk of me being a nuisance to them for four years.
I ran towards them and I noticed that they were battling on some damaged ruins, like there was a huge bridge that was destroyed, some gigantic towers and archways.

There was four people on each side of the bridge, I saw Jaune Arc, and Lie Ren, on the side of the bridge that I could reach, so I ran over to help them.
As I dashed over, I Observed the strange scorpion they were fighting.

[Death Stalker] {LVL: 17}
{HP: 545/545}

Jesus Christ, I was not prepared for this, but I was interrupted from thinking how screwed I am from a notification.

[NEW QUEST: "Fly Life a Butterfly, Sting Like a Death Stalker"]
{Jaune Arc, Nora Valkyrie, Pyrrha Nikos, and Lie Ren, need your help! Assist them in defeating the strange scorpion.}
{Rewards: 110 EXP, +8 Friends.}
{Failure: Lose a Limb, Possible Death}
[Y]/[N]

Okay, so I could help and get rewarded quite well and make some friends, or I could lose an arm or leg and might die...

Ya know what? Screw it.
I pressed "Y" and the quest was accepted, I decided that a stealthy approach would be best, so I crouched down and tried to be as quiet as possible as I approached the scorpion, I hid behind pillars every time there was a chance it could see me, I heard a "Ding!" but I ignored it as I continued to approach the creature.
As soon as I got close enough, I dashed towards it and pulled out my trusty knife, I activated my new skill Power Strike, and the blade of the knife started to glow, I looked at the Scorpion as I got closer, I noticed that most of its body was covered in white armor, except for its legs, so as I approached it from behind, I jumped and used my Power Strike enhanced attack to cut off one of its eight legs, it screeched in pain before turning around and trying to whack me with its large golden stinger, I had managed to duck it before I ran towards it, I brought my feet out from under me and I slid underneath the large scorpion.

While I slid under the scorpion, I stabbed my knife into its underbelly and I dragged the knife through the large beast.
After crawling out from under it, I quickly ran towards the group of four people and I told them to attack it now.

Jaune Arc gave a signal to the red haired girl, and she threw her bronze shield and cut the stinger off of the Death Stalker's tail, the stinger fell into the scorpion's head, Jaune gave yet another signal and, the red haired girl held her shield up while an orange haired girl stepped onto it, the red haired girl pushed her shield upwards while the orange haired girl used her strange weapon to boost her up into the air, she started spinning and building up momentum before falling down while still spinning, once she got close enough the orange haired girl slammed her hammer onto the stinger, the bridge started to collapse so all of them fled onto solid ground, and the orange haired girl's hammer, exploded? Anyway, it sent her onto the ground where the rest of the team was.