Part #22. - Evolution.

It was another morning that Saffron found himself in the infirmary. He sat up and brought up his status window.

[̸̫̍Ś̵̮a̵̠̒f̴̤͛f̶̜͛r̸̢̈́o̸̬̐n̶͕͘ ̵̰̏S̷̗̓y̵̳͒ȑ̸̤u̸̥͆p̷̺͂]̷̝̀ ̶̫̂{̵̙͛Ĺ̵͇V̷̺͊L̶̫̋:̴̳͝ ̵̺̐2̶̖̈́0̷̡͒}̶̢̑
̸̰̆[̴̭͠H̴̝̉P̶͍͊:̵̖̔ ̸̗͂4̶̡̃3̸͉͗0̴̬̄/̷̞́4̵͙́3̵̤͠0̸̭̏]̴̭͝ ̸̦͆[̴̘͂M̴̳͗P̴̦̓:̵̟̉ ̵̬̾7̸̪̅5̸̜̑0̶̦͌/̵͙͒7̷̡́5̶̭̐0̶̼̚]̵̷̧̟̆̚
À̶͔ģ̵̐e̸͙̾:̸͍͘ ̵̖̆[̷͜͝1̷̭̑5]̵̗͛
̷̙̔Ȓ̶̦ä̵̻́c̵͎̆e̸͕͠:̵͖̕ ̶̮͋[̴̩̀H̴̳̃u̴̺͐m̴̲͑a̶̛̗n̸̫̐]̴̸̬̬͂́
Ő̶̞c̵͔͗c̴͙̓ũ̵̦ṗ̷̣ã̵̲t̸͇̕i̵̩̅o̵̟̓ǹ̸̤:̴̝͛ ̶͖͊[̷̜̈́S̶̨͒t̸̪̀u̷͖̇d̶̛̗ẻ̷̬n̸̫̈́t̷̬́]̷̣̉
̸̡̊
S̸̪͐T̷̖̏R̸̼̆:̶͈̌ ̸̛͇[̴͎͒2̴̖̂5̴̥͝]̶̙̂
̶̼̽V̵̢̅Ĩ̸̞T̴̻́:̷̹͠ ̵̟̾[̶̞̏2̶̜̽0̸̳̄]̴̵͎̬͂́
D̵̯͒E̸̳͒Ẍ̴̺:̷̱͠ ̸̳̽[̵̳̾3̸͕̽0̷̬͋]̴̪͠
̷̹̕I̶̘̓N̶̛̤T̵̖́:̷̜̇ ̸̡̀[̸̮̔4̵͎̒0̵͙̽]̸̙̒

The text was glitched and the screen was still cracked. What Saffron could make out was that his strength and dexterity had increased a little bit, but without a way to simply increase his stats with points, he was at a disadvantage.
He didn't worry about this too much, however. He had achieved super-human qualities, putting him on equal standing with the other students at Beacon. The others had to work hard to get to where they are now, so he would just have to do the same.

What he was more concerned about was why his status was bugged out. His skills list was inaccessible, but he could still use his skills. His Inventory was the least-affected, the text held together, and he could take things in and out just fine.

The boy closed his stats and was met with a wave of nausea. He held onto his head and waited for the world to stop spinning. It lasted for a few seconds, but once it was gone Saffron felt fine once again.

He heard the doors to the infirmary open and he glanced towards the entrance. The doctor walked in. Not the green-haired psycho, no. A medical doctor. Saffron had come to know her quite well during his stints in the infirmary. Her name was Harley Carmine, a former Huntress.

"Hey Ms. Carmine." Saffron greeted her.

"Mr. Syrup." She nodded back.
She grabbed a seat and stationed it next to Saffron's bed. She sat down and brushed her short black hair (with green highlights) behind her ear.

"Saffron, what the fuck." She stared at the boy.

"That's what I'm here to find out, Doc." He grinned.

"Well here's what I've found out." She began, her eyes mixed with half-amusement, half-concern.
"Your concussion is fine, you overheated while on the mission, making it worse, but there will be no lasting damage." She explained.

"Let's go." Saffron celebrated in a restrained manner.

"However." She cut him off. "What's real fucked up about this is that there's something not right with you." She stated.

"Wow. That hurts more than the concussion." Saffron said in a tone of mock-hurt.

"Yeah, this time I'm not talking about your face."

"Ow."

"No. Your brain looks fine, by all counts. But my tests still come up with signs of damage. I'm gonna be honest, this wouldn't be an issue if your Aura had been unlocked." She told the boy.

"Well I don't know how to fix that." Saffron responded.

"Me neither. By all means, you should've unlocked your Aura during or after the initiation, but the fact that it hasn't unlocked by itself is cause for concern. You told me you had someone try unlocking it for you?" She asked the boy.