Part #8. Visiting Vale

(Kyu: Have a great day, and enjoy the story please!)

[Saffron's POV]

It was quite early in the morning, I was walking on the sidewalk of Vale with Team RWBY who had invited me to go with them to see how the setting up of the weird Festival was going.

We passed by several decorations, a few people were helping set up a large banner with the words "WELCOME TO VALE!" On it, it was nice to see everyone cooperating, although I have no idea if this was different for the people of Vale.

Weiss: "The Vytal Festival! Oh this is absolutely wonderful!" She said happily.

Ruby: "I don't think I've ever seen you smile this much Weiss. It's kinda weirding me out..." Ruby pointed out. It was at this moment that I realized something... What was I doing here? I had just woken up when Ruby nearly broke down my door and forced me out of my room... And now we're here... For some reason.

"Ruby... Why am I here again?" I asked, I really had no clue what I was doing here, it would be interesting to learn about this new culture though.

Ruby: "Oh! Yeah, well we wanted to get to know you better! You seem pretty cool!" She said happily.

I burst out laughing, as soon as she finished saying "You seem pretty cool!" I burst out laughing, like, I nearly collapsed I was laughing so hard.

"Hahaha! Ah... Good joke." I said as I wiped a tear from my eye. The girls just looked at me in confusion.

"What?" I asked them.

Yang: "Unless I've lost touch, I don't think she told a joke." She told me.

"What do you mean? She called me 'cool'" I told them like it was obvious. Which I'm pretty sure it was.

Ruby: "Yeah... So?" She asked me.

"Wait... That wasn't a joke?" I asked, did they really think I was cool? Pffft... Nahhhhh, that's ridiculous.

Ruby: "No." She stated. I really didn't know how to respond to that.

My face grew red and I rubbed the back of my head.

"Thanks..." I mumbled, I did not think I was cool... Or seemed cool... Or was even moderately decent!

Ruby: "You are welcome!" She said in her usual happy tone, Weiss then went back to their previous conversation.

Weiss: "How could you not smile? A festival dedicated to the cultures of the world!" She said in an excited tone which... Did not really suit her, but it also kinda did? It's weird.

Weiss: "There will be dances, a parade, a tournament! Oh the amount of planning and organization that goes into this event is simply breathtaking." She said. She really was invested in this thing. Yang sighed before speaking.

Yang: "You really know how to take a good thing and make it sound boring." She said. I could kinda agree with this. Although I'm not sure if this festival is good or not.

Weiss: "Quiet you." She said. I chuckled at this interaction. A loud ship horn was heard from the docks, and we turned to walk onto the docks.

Yang: "Remind me again why we're spending our Friday afternoon visiting the stupid docks?" She asked. I could kinda see her point. But I didn't really have anything to do today, so who am I to judge?

Ruby: "Ugh, they smell like fish." She stated as she plugged her nose.

Weiss: "I've heard that students visiting from Vacuo will be arriving by ship today." She stated. What the heck is a Vacuo?