Part #18. The Beginning of the Dance.

Saffron's eyes slowly opened when he heard some unfamiliar song coming from the hall.

???: "--♪Will you accompany me, to the dance  on... Sunday?♪" With a flourish of a guitar the song ended.

Saffron: "Ugh... why..." He groaned.

He grabbed his pillow and covered his ears with it. He didn't want to take the chance that another song would start.

A moment later, he heard a door slam. He let out a long sigh that soon turned into an annoyed groan before he threw his pillow at the wall.

Saffron: "I'm tryna sleep here!" He shouted.

A voice responded from the other side of the wall. Saffron could vaguely recognize it as Yang's.

Yang: "Who goes to sleep at seven?!" She yelled.

Saffron: "Me!" He retorted.

After a moment of hushed conversation he got a reply.

Yang: "That's fair. Sorry!" She shouted.

Saffron looked over to his pillow that was laying on the floor and sighed before slamming his head on the mattress and returning to the blissful peace that is sleep.

Saffron was woken up again by the loud sound of someone knocking on his door.

Saffron: "Ish open..." He said sleepily.

He was face-down on his mattress, kind of regretting that he threw his pillow at the wall. A voice disturbed his thoughts.

Yang: "Hey shorty!" She greeted him.

Saffron's sobs were muffled by his mattress.

Yang: "We're setting up for the dance, Wanna help?" She asked, although it wasn't a question that was to be refused.

Saffron: "There's a dance...?" He asked.

Yang: "Did you actually forget?" She asked.

Saffron: "Probably not... I just didn't pay attention." He said before rolling onto his back.

Yang: "Well, it's time to help!" She said before grabbing Saffron's ankle and dragging him out of bed. His head hit the floor and he curled up into a ball while holding his head. Yang continued to drag him along the floor out of his room, and towards where ever the dance was being held.

Saffron: "Uggggghhhh..." He groaned, too tired to form semi-coherent words.

Yang: "I've got some extra help!" She announced upon walking into the building where the dance was going to be held.

Weiss: "Oh, good! Who did you bri-- Oh, it's you." She deadpanned at the boy.

Saffron: "Indeed it is." He nodded while staring up at Weiss from the floor.

Yang: "What's wrong with him?" She asked.

Saffron: "Multiple things. But I'm gonna guess Weiss only cares about two." He held up his index and middle fingers.

Weiss: "Well... he's not the most... physically-inclined. Also he's dressed inappropriately." She noted.