Part #3. Level Up!

(Kyu: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Have a good day and I hope you enjoy the story!)

[Saffron's POV] (Finally)

I was currently flying through the sky... I would say it was a nice feeling, if I wasn't THROWN INTO THE AIR BY A MANIAC.
Sorry, just... Kinda frustrated at how I'm going to die... Again... But seriously though, what kind of person just launches several people into the sky, and not give them parachutes or anything.

I swear to god, if I die here I'm gonna ask Life and Death if I can haunt this guy. I mean, I know I'm not supposed to be here, but still!

As I started to get closer and closer to the ground, I just closed my eyes and braced for death.

But luckily, like... Really luckily, my hood got caught on a branch and that slowed me down and I landed relatively safely on the ground, when I landed I sprained my ankle and I also fell into a log, so yeah, that wasn't fun.

[-7 HP]

That wasn't as much damage as I thought I would get, but I have to remember that I only have thirty Health Points, I have to take as little damage as possible.
I got up and patted the dust off of my jeans, and I started my journey to the northern end on the forest.

It was a quiet walk, I had heard a few people talking but I avoided them, it would be better off for them to have a better teammate than me.

After walking for about five more minutes, I found a small clearing in the forest, near the middle of it was a singular knife, I walked over to it and picked it up before Observing it.

[Hunting Knife]
[DMG: 5]

The knife's handle was slightly longer than my middle finger, the blade was about the size of my pinky, I moved my hand along the blade and felt that the small blade was quite dull, it could still cut stuff though.

I put it in the right pocket of my hoodie and I continued walking, I left the clearing and I walked through the forest for about three more minutes before encountering something.
It was a strange bipedal wolf, it had black fur and white armor, it kind of reminded me of the wolf statue in the front of Beacon.

I decided to use Observe once again.

"Observe." I said to myself.

[Beowolf] {LVL: 3}
{HP: 75/75}

So it was like some sort of wolf, but it looked more... Edgy.
It was also really muscular and was about as tall as a human, so it was like a foot taller than me.

I stepped towards it, and that's when it noticed me, at first I had thought it was friendly, but it decided to prove me wrong, it lunged at me and tried taking my head off with its sharp white claws.

I had luckily fallen down in shock when it jumped at me, I crawled back and got back to my feet, I turned around and started to run away, it might've been a cowardly thing to do, but that thing had twice the HP I have!

After running for about two minutes, I hid behind a tree, but this proved futile as the tree was soon cut down by the Beowolf, I dived away and hid behind another tree, I was lucky that my HP had regenerated completely before I found this guy, I decided to get another look at this strange wolf, and I saw that as well as the white claws on its hands and feet, it also had white spikes on its forearms, its mask had red stripes along the front, and its eyes were red, and glowing, that just made me even more frightened.

But I plunged my hand into my pocket and pulled out the hunting knife, this thing will probably hunt me to the ends of the earth if I just keep running away...

"I'm gonna die, aren't I?" Were my thoughts as I ran out from behind my cover, and I dashed towards the Beowolf.

Despite worrying about my health, I pushed forward and threw my right hand forward, the hunting knife's blade had pierced the Beowolf's skin, without knowing if it even worked, I kept stabbing, and slashing with the small knife.

After about three hits with the knife, the Wolf howled and slashed his claws at me, I tried to dodge but I got caught.

[-15 HP]

And just like that, all of my hope was gone. In just one hit, I lost half of my health.

I was going to die here, I didn't want to die, but I was going to.
But, in spite of this, my body kept pushing forward, even though my mind was screaming at it to stop and run away, it dashed towards the Beowolf and soon my mind  had regained control, but it was too late to go back, so I braced for impact and pushed my knife into the Beowolf with as much strength as I had.

And to my surprise, it worked, the Beowolf fell down and had soon faded into a strange black mist... And my efforts were rewarded!

[For killing your first enemy despite being in a weakened state, you have gained 50 EXP!]

[LVL has increased by 1!]

[NEW SKILL ALERT: "Power Strike"]
{When activated, this skill increases the DMG you do by 7!]

...This is amazing. Not only did I level up, I also got a new skill! I am not wasting any more time.

"Status Sheet" I said to myself, and a screen popped into existence.

[Saffron Syrup | "The Gamer"] {LVL: 2} [EXP: 0/100]
HP: 15/35 | MP: 75/90
Age: 14
Race: Human
Alignment: Neutral.
Occupation: N/A
???: ???
STR: 2
VIT: 2
DEX: 3
INT: 9
WIS: 6
LUK: 1
Stat Points: 5

I saw that I had gotten five HP from leveling up, but that wouldn't be enough so I put one point in Vitality to see how much HP I got, and I got five HP for each Stat Point I put in Vitality, so I put three more points into Vitality, and one point into Strength.

[Saffron Syrup | "The Gamer"] {LVL: 2} [EXP: 0/100]
HP: 35/55 | MP: 75/90
Age: 14
Race: Human
Alignment: Neutral.
Occupation: N/A
???: ???
STR: 3
VIT: 6
DEX: 3
INT: 9
WIS: 6
LUK: 1
Stat Points: 0

With my HP healing, I started heading towards the Northern end of the forest once again, my confidence was back, and I was ready to fight whatever came my way.

No I'm not, I changed my mind.

(Kyu: And another part done! The first part that was in Kyuna's POV. Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed, and I also hope you all have a great day!)