Part #12. Early Morning

(First part of Volume 2! I hope you all like the new book cover :> and I also hope that you all enjoy this story! And in case you missed it, I changed Kyuna's name to Saffron. Enjoy!)

[3:43 AM]
[Saffron's POV]

Oh dear god this was a mistake!

That was the first thing I thought while I was sent flying through the forest, I had been hunting Grimm because of a quest I'd gotten. Little did I know, was that this quest was a cruel prank to get me killed.

[QUEST: "I'll make a man outta youse!"]
{You've been slacking on your progress maggot! Time to whip you into shape! Get your arse into the Emerald Forest and exterminate some Grimm!}

|Rewards: 500 EXP, Skill Book, Rare Equipment, Uncommon Equipment|
|Failure: Death|
[Y]

I couldn't even refuse! Not like I would've seeing those rewards, but still!

I crashed through a tree and touched the ground, I slid against the dirt until a small pile had built up against my upper body.

[-35 HP]

I got up and reached into my inventory to grab a weapon. I grabbed a White Fang sabre and held it up. I looked at my opponent and stared into it's red glowing eyes.

[Death Stalker "Jimmy"] [LVL: 15]
HP: {397/400}

Screw you Jimmy! Why'd you have to hit me through a tree like that!
I held my left hand up and conjured up a Mana Bolt, this measly little orb wasn't going to do anything, so I forced more MP into the attack.
The orb of Mana began to grow, until it became the size of a basketball, and even then it grew a little bit more.

"Take this Jimmy!" I shouted and released the attack. The ball of Mana flew through the air and hit the Death Stalker in the face, this would've been ineffective against the armor, if it weren't for the large explosion that the orb released.

[NEW SKILL ALERT: "Mana Bomb"]
{Due to packing a large amount of Mana into an orb, you have created a bomb made of pure Mana}
{DMG: 5 x INT + 50 Explosion Damage}
{Cost: 75 MP}

Oh my gosh! This is the first Skill I've gotten that does more than fifty damage! Yes!

[Death Stalker "Jimmy"] [LVL: 15]
HP: {287/400}

Okay, that drained my Mana a lot, but it drained about a quarter of Jimmy's HP.
After the smoke from the explosion cleared away, I noticed that Jimmy had lost two of his ten eyes. As Jimmy screeched in pain, I dashed forwards and swung my blade downwards upon the Grimm's exoskeleton-covered leg, It caused a scratch in the leg, but I wasn't gonna stop there. I raised my blade again and brought it downwards again, I repeated this process until Jimmy lost one of his legs. Once it fell off, I backed away, Jimmy was pretty mad now.

The Death Stalker flinged it's stinger towards me, I raised my sabre and used the flat side on the blade to deflect the stinger upwards, naturally I was pushed back quite a bit. But I hadn't gotten hit.

I activated a Skill I hadn't used yet. Beast Form.

[+5 STR and DEX | -3 INT]

I felt my hair grow longer until it reached the bottom of my neck, my teeth sharpened and my nails grew into claws. I felt myself get a little bit lighter, and my vision seemed to extend farther.
I dashed forward with the sabre in my hand and hopped onto the Death Stalker, I turned around and used my blade to cut off one of Jimmy's pincers. The large Death Stalker began flailing about, I held onto the beast's bone armor ridges as it tried shaking me off.