Part #1. - Menagerie.

The cobalt waves of the ocean gently rocked the vessel departed from Vale. The sky was a gentle shade of purple which blended into the violent orange of the sunrise. Upon the ship, among the handful of passengers were a couple of familiar faces."I'm just saying. What's the point of even having a uniform like this?"
"Yes. You've already said that they don't protect much."

The two young men were conversing about the plain black outfit which the younger wore.
"They don't! I swear, having Aura has made people stupid. What happened to a good ol' breastplate?" The young teenager with flaxen hair complained.

"Remember, you usually have a leather one with the standard uniform." The older teen let out a sigh as he ran a hand through his silver hair, as well as overtop his wolf ears.
"Which is made out of paper-mâché or something." Saffron stated.Zenith snickered.
The two of them had changed over the last few months. Zenith's hair had grown a little and his bangs frequently covered his right eye. He wore the same outfit he had on after the Fall of Beacon (as it had come to be known.)

The two of them dubbed the outfit his "Hunter's Garb," Saffron wanted to make sure it sounded like an equipment set from an RPG.Saffron changed quite a bit. Even more-so when you compare to how he was when he first arrived on Remnant.

His height had shot up from his former 4'11" to an average 5'8" his build had gone from hospital patient, to a thin yet fit physique that hid how athletic he truly was. His wavy hair used to be a bit shorter than Jaune's but now his unkempt flaxen locks had grown past his chin.He wore an outfit of pure black. Black pants, black boots, and a black tank top with a hood. The entire ensemble was too big for Saffron, seeing as it used to be Zenith's. Shocking that a 6'1 man's uniform wouldn't fit someone several inches shorter and thinner than him.

Saffron had named his own outfit "Dirty Rags" to have his contempt for the outfit heard. A statement which Zenith had grown so very tired of.

"So. You lived on an island?" Saffron changed the subject. He was interested to learn a bit more of the geography of Remnant. He had seen maps of the known land across the world. Including a strange dragon-shaped continent further North.

"Yeah. It's a small one. The population isn't very large, I don't think it went past two thousand." Zenith said absent-mindedly as he remembered the days of his childhood.

Saffron gazed into the waters as the two of them leaned against the ship's railings."So. What's the plan?" Saffron followed up his question with another.

"Uhh..." Zenith paused before letting out a meek chuckle. "I guess I need to make amends.""With who?""Well... my Dad." He said quietly.
Saffron let out a low whistle.
"That's not gonna be fun.""Yeah... so, what about you?" Zenith asked his shorter friend.
"Figure out what the hell I'm gonna do to progress." Saffron said frankly.
"What do you mean?"
"So. I don't know if you noticed, but I haven't been on deck for the last couple days." Saffron stated the obvious.
"Sorry, I might've missed it. I was enjoying the quiet way too much to notice." Zenith sarcastically remarked.
"Dick." Saffron punched Zenith's shoulder, right on his shoulder plate... Saffron held his fist in pain immediately after.
"Right. So after a whole lot of meditation and introspection. I think the route to improvement that I can take right now is through purity."Zenith hummed for a moment. "You mean your Semblance?"
"Uhh-- Sure." Saffron shrugged. "But basically, the energy my ability creates is dirty. Like my rags." Saffron gestured to his outfit.

"Mhm. By what?"
"Blood and bacteria and crap. Human impurities, basically." Saffron explanation was crude, as was his thought process.
"So basically, if I filter all the impurities out, the quality of my ability will go up. Get it?" Saffron asked Zenith.
"Yeah. I think so. But how exactly are you going to filter your own ability?""By spinning it like a God damn centrifuge." The young man answered.
"Doesn't that work by separating the components via their densities?" Zenith prefaced his next question, but he was interrupted by Saffron."You huge God damn nerd."
"Shut up. So. Does your ability even have density?" Zenith asked.
"I don't know." Saffron shrugged.
"So your just going to spin it and see what happens." The faunus clarified."Mhm.""What're you gonna do if it doesn't work?""Cry."
Zenith nodded his head in understanding."Got a plan B?""Well, if I find a source of the right kind of energy then I could just flush the old energy out of my system and replace it with the new energy."
"Do you know what gives off your kind of 'energy' or something like that?" Zenith's curiosity had reached its peak.Saffron said nothing for a moment. When he thought of an answer he simply smiled.
"I'll let you know when I've found it."