chapter sixty-six

the next day came, and i had put jules down for her nap a few hours ago. sonny was going to be here any minute as i sat in the bathroom.

morning sickness, a joy.

i had made a doctor's appointment for this week, and after rafael figured it out, i knew the others would catch on soon too.

i was going to make this announcement to him special sure, but also slightly not what i had in mind.

i heard the front door open and close as hope barked a few times before realizing who was coming through the door.

i got myself together, taking my hair out of its ponytail before walking out of the bathroom.

"hey doll!"

"hi! how was it with mia? how is she?"

we pressed a kiss to each other's lips before he continued to speak.

"she's good. she decided to leave school for now."

"she's dropping out?"

"for now, yes."

"understandable given the circumstances. how did teresa take it?"

"better than i expected. she did yell at me though for not encouraging her more to stay in school."

"of course."

sonny and i both chuckle, knowing how typical that was.

"how are you doing?"

"i'm good, hey, um there's something i need to tell you."

"is everything okay?"

"yeah, everything is great. i just need to tell you something."

"okay, what's up?"

"i may or may have not set up a huge dinner at my parent's house, combining both families, for sunday after church."

"oh my god, do you know how insane that will be?"

"very insane, between the music and the wine but i'm looking forward to it."

"oh, don't get me wrong, i am too, but it's going to be insanity."

"what family event isn't insanity?"

"you ain't wrong about that." he chuckled. "is there a specific reason we're getting the family together?"

all of a sudden, we heard jules fussing in the other room.

here we go.

"would you mind getting her please? she might be hungry."

"sure doll." he smiled, pressing a kiss to my head before walking into Juliana's room.

i heard his voice coming from her room as he carried her out to the living room.

here we go!