chapter forty-eight

"do we have to?"

"do we have to?"

"yes, my love."

"but why?"

"because she's getting baptized in a few days and to make sure she stays healthy, she needs her shots as required by new york state as you're well aware."

"but i don't wanna see her cry."

"i don't either, but we gotta do what we gotta do."

"says who?"

"ella, she needs the rest of her vaccines." sonny looks at me, giving his detective eyes as i held our baby girl in my arms while he packed the diaper bag, since right after her doctor's appointment, we were going to his parent's house for dinner.

"she's gonna start screaming dom, and i don't like it when my julie cries."

"i don't either babe, but it's the best decision for her health, you know that." he says. "she's gonna be okay, i promise you."

"yeah i know." i say as i bounced her up and down in my arms.

"here, give me her, so you can go get dressed." sonny says as he comes in front of where i was standing.

i looked at the baby in my arms as she stared up at me and her daddy with her gorgeous blue eyes.

"look at those beautiful blues, just like your daddy huh?" i say to her as sonny chuckles.

"but she has all the beautiful features of her mommy." he insisted, as i put juliana in his arms. she got a little fussy, but sonny calmed her down almost immediately.

"are we ready to go?" sonny asks as i walk into our living room, minutes later, all dressed and ready to go, as he finished strapping juliana in her carrier.

"yep." i reply, as i went to grab the carrier, but sonny got to it before me.

"i got it doll." he smiled as i reached for diaper bag instead, along with my bag.

after we strapped her in, i got in the backseat with her, as sonny drove.

the minute we got to the doctor's office, she got really fussy and was crying. sonny had to hold her when they were giving her the vaccines, because i couldn't watch. i was on the verge of tears. damn hormones.

her doctor said she was one healthy baby and she was very good while they were weighing her.

"see, you're all done baby girl and you did so well." sonny says, pressing a kiss our daughter's small cheek. "how about we get you some milk now? i'm sure you're hungry."