chapter fifty-one

"alright little one, let's go surprise daddy at work

"alright little one, let's go surprise daddy at work." i say as i went up the stairs of the precinct.

it was towards the end of sonny's shift so i figured we could grab dinner before heading home.

it had been about a week since mine and sonny's little date night, which was amazing.

both our mom's said jules was amazing and it definitely calmed my nerves about leaving her with them in the future.

i got into the elevator and pressed the floor button as juliana slept peacefully against my chest.

as i arrived on the floor, the uniformed officer at the front desk immediately recognized me.

"detective, long time no see." he said as i smiled at him.

"indeed. i'll hopefully be officially back next week."

"sounds good. you and carisi have one cute kid."

i smiled at him, thanking him, before stepping foot into the squad room, taking in the feeling like i never left.

"hey! what brings you back a week early with the munchkin?" fin asks as he gets up from his desk.

"figured we'd come get sonny from work. is he around?"

"he's in interrogation now. c'mon i'll show ya." fin says bringing me to liv's office to view.

"look who came to join the party." he announced as liv's head turned in our direction.

"ella, so good to see you." liv says, with a smile on her face as she watched carisi and rollins with a perp. "i know i saw you a few days ago, but not seeing you everyday is different."

"you as well. i miss seeing you guys every day."

"only one more week until you see our ugly faces again." fin comments as i chuckle before listening in to the interrogation.

"how long have they been at this?"

"about an hour. they're doing good, i mean scary carisi is out but he's just not cracking."

"do you have dna?"

"we do from the rape, but it matches no one in the system, which means he hasn't been through the system at all. he's claiming the sex was consensual. he's smart, he's knows we can test his dna just by him drinking a cup. we're getting a warrant from barba now."