chapter fifty-three

"sonny! sonny, stop!" i squeal as my husband chases me through the house

"i'm gonna get you one way or another mrs. carisi." he replied as we continued to run around.

sonny's mom wanted to give us a bit of time to just relax without the baby this weekend, especially since i went back to work a few weeks ago. trust me when i say it hasn't been easy.

we had reached the kitchen, out of breath. me on one side of island, him on the other.

"you're gonna have to give it up sometime sweetheart."

"never." i challenge.

as i made a run for it again, sonny had caught my waist from behind and spun me around as we laughed.

i pressed a kiss to my husband's lips as he lifted me of the floor and carried me into the bedroom.

he dropped me onto the bed as i laughed before climbing on top of me, kissing me passionately.

"finally." i whisper.

let's just say i spoke too soon.

sonny's phone started to ring as we both groaned.

"i'm sorry." he reached for his phone answering it out of breath. "carisi."

he listened intently before his face showed fear as he nodded quickly. "i'll be right there."

"what is it? is jules okay?" i ask after he hung up the phone.

"what? oh yeah, no she's fine. that was finn. they're rushing rollins to the hospital."

"what happened? is she okay?"

"they think it may be something with the baby. i'm gonna go in and see if there's anything she needs." my husband states, as he goes into the bathroom to take a quick shower before changing into his work clothes. "i'm sorry ella, it's just,"

"i understand. i'm gonna meet you guys at the hospital, i'm just gonna walk the dog and hop in the shower."

"do you want me to wait for you?" 

"no, no. go. just text me what hospital she's at."

"will do."  he presses a kiss to my lips, before speaking again. "i'll make this up to you, i promise."