chapter forty-nine

today was sonny's first day back at work, which meant this would be the first full day with just me, jules, and the pup

"alright, she's all changed and sleeping, again, like an angel." sonny says, carrying our daughter and handing her to me. he was already dressed for work, as he sat on the bed tying his shoes.

"i can't believe you're going back to work today."

"me and you both. i can't believe it's been six weeks already."

"i still can't believe that she was baptized yesterday and there was no yelling between siblings. literally, everyone got along." i replied as he chuckled.

"that was a shocker, i'll agree with that, but I think that's because they knew there were detectives there, that would definitely calm the situation down, besides ourselves."

"that's very true because nothing happened at our wedding either between our siblings. they must be our good luck charm."

"must be." he chuckled as he checked the time. "shit, i've gotta get going."

i got up as i pressed a kiss to his lips.

"have a great day. we'll be waiting for you to get home."

"oh i count on it." he smiled as he pressed another kiss to my lips. "i love you."

"i love you more."

"i love you most." he called, right before the front door shut.

after he left, i couldn't go back to sleep so i did some cleaning around the apartment before juliana started screaming.

i ran in to get her, as i figured she was hungry, but no matter what i did, she wouldn't stop crying.

i even put her in the stroller at one point and took our dog for a walk. she screamed the entire way.

i called my mom and sonny's mom asking if they knew what to do, but everything they suggested, didn't work.

the whole day, she was crying, at one point i just started crying because i didn't know what to do. she didn't seem sick or in pain, she just cried.

i didn't want to call sonny because it was his first day back at work and i didn't want to bother him with this, but around six in the evening, he walked in the front door to his screaming child and his crying wife.

"hey, hey, hey, what's the matter?" he immediately asked, rushing over to the both of us.

"she's been crying all day, i don't know what to do. she won't stop sonny." i cried.