chapter two

"nypd, put your hands up!" i yell as me and carisi entered the building with our weapons drawn

after about a day, the girl had given up the name of the person she suspected that raped her. she told us that she had met this man before as well. ashley then told us there was another party tonight and where.

the dna from the rape kit had shown that the man was twenty five years old and had already served a sentence of aggravated assault and had served two years so we knew who to look for.

rollins has been inside the party for a little while undercover. this party was full of underaged people, drinking and doing who knows what.

the minute the suspect pulled a gun on rollins, we were in there with our weapons.

everyone at the party had their hands up except the guy with the gun.

he was on the run as i quickly followed him.

once he was boxed in, he looked directly at me as i yelled, "drop the gun and put your hands above your head."

after a few seconds he gave up and he did what i had asked.

"mr. mitchell, you are under arrest for the rape of ashley smith and attempted assault. you have the right to remain silent. anything you say, will be held against you in a court of law." i say the whole speech as i walked him to the back of mine and carissi's squad car.

"nice work detective." sergeant benson says.

"thank you."

"that was an insane chase. never thought you could sound so good while yelling that." carisi says.

"why's that?"

"i don't know, just before today i never imaged you to be the type to yell like that."

"well, when you grow up with two sisters and two brothers, you learn a thing or two."

"i have sisters too so i get it."

"i don't think you do carisi." i say. "rollins, how you holding up?"

"oh i'm fine. just another day at svu." she says. "bet you didn't think your first week would be like this."

"i definitely didn't, no."

we all got back in our squad cars and drove back to the precinct as we got him into interrogation.

of course as carisi and i tried to get something out of him, by telling him his dna was found on the girl as he claimed the sex was "consensual" which wasn't true at all.

he then asked for his lawyer as me and carisi stepped out.

"this guy is really just won't give up. he really thinks we're gonna believe his story." carisi says. he was furious i could tell.

"well, we have to take him to trial anyways. i mean he raped one girl, that we know of, i'm sure he's done it to more. he's serving alcoholic drinks to minors and he was found in possession of a weapon. he will go to jail for either one of those things or all of them." the ada, who happened to be one of my best friends, he was practically family, stated.

"you really think he's raped more than one girl?" fin asks.

"yes, absolutely, but until they come forward, we only have the one." rafael says before turning to me. "el, as much as i'm happy to see you, what are you doing here? was there a homicide i'm unaware of?"

"i transferred to svu. yesterday was my first day. no one died raf."

"glad to hear that. welcome to the team i guess."

"you two know each other?" olivia asks.

"yes we do. it's a long story sarge." i say.

"she's not wrong." he replies.

"i see. well, let's save that story for another time then." she says as barba continued with how he prosecute michell before me and carisi go back into the squad room.

"so you and barba huh?" he asks from his desk. did i mention, our desks were facing each other?

"it's not like that, at all." i laugh. "he's practically family. him and my older brother were best friends and he became an older brother to me growing up, even now. "

"i see. so growing up with four siblings wasn't enough?" he joke as i laughed.

the phone then started to ring as i answered.

"manhattan special victims unit, detective russo."

"hi, um, i was raped by a man i think you have in custody."

"i'm so sorry honey. come down to the station and you can tell us everything."

"okay. thank you."

"thank you. see you shortly miss." i say hanging up.

"another vic?" carisi asks.

"yup, claims to be raped by the man we have in custody." i say as i get up to tell benson and barba.