chapter twenty

"el, are you ready?" sonny says coming into the bathroom

he was in a suit and tie, hair done. he was in  basically his work attire, just minus a gun and the badge showing. but, damn did he look hot as hell.

"wow, you look, just wow." he says pressing a kiss to my shoulder as i finished my makeup.

"thank you, you don't look too bad yourself." i wink.

"weird question, but are you taking your badge?"

"yeah. it's in my purse, just in case of anything."

"okay, i was gonna take mine anyways, but i just wanted to see if you were gonna take yours."

"i'm only doing it because well, teenagers can be stupid sometimes."

"i'm not saying i won't agree with that statement." he chuckles. "your gun is in the safe, right?"

"yup. locked and unloaded. yours?"

"locked and unloaded." he confirms. "ready to roll?"

i nod.

i walked out of the bathroom as he was putting his coat on. i turned off all the lights in the apartment before i grabbed my purse and he helped me with my coat.

we got in the car and started to drive to staten island, because that's where me and valentina had our sweet sixteen. it was only fitting to have ariana's there too.

"are we picking up barba?"

"no, he's ubering there. we are driving him home though."

he nods.

"you know doll, i know teenagers are crazy sometimes, but seeing kids like them, it makes me excited because i think of my future with you."

"oh yeah?"

"yeah i do. i mean imagine having a little girl and throwing a party like that. i mean, don't get me wrong, i would be nervous because my little girl would be growing up, but the look on her face would be just pure happiness."

"you think about things like that?"

"yeah, i do."

"good, because i do too." i smile as he reaches over and grabs my hand, planting a kiss on it as he continued to look at the road ahead.