chapter twenty-four

"please, come help me

"please, come help me." i whisper.

"what's the matter babe?"

"my sister has become bridezilla, and i don't know what to do. i'm the maid of honor, and i've known her for my whole life and she's absolutely gone insane."

i hear sonny laugh on the other side of the call.

"well, bella's around her due date, if she goes into labor, you'll be my first phone call."

"you're the best."

"i know."

"sonny, if i'm like this when we ever get married, run."

"i think i'll get a bag of popcorn and just watch you be a lunatic."

"i love you so much."

"i love you baby. i'm gonna go study for the bar exam, which is coming up very soon, as you know, so good luck with your sister. if bella goes into labor or if liv mysteriously needs us, i promise you'll be my first call."

"thank you."

"i love you. i'll see you later."

"love you." i say hanging up the phone.

my sister's wedding was tomorrow and she was going absolutely insane. i actually went to the bathroom just to call sonny because i don't know how much more i could take of hearing about colors of napkins and how they'd needed to be absolutely the perfect color.

i walk out to see my sister still flipping out, over something different this time, as i sat next to ariana, watching in amazement.

"please tell me you can taze her or something." ariana says making me laugh.

"i wish. it would probably calm her down that's for sure."

"if you're like this before your wedding, i'll make sure to have one of the detectives or officers do it to you."

"and this is why i love you sis." i say hugging her tightly.

three glasses of wine later, valentina had finally relaxed and i was about to leave, being that everyone else had when she stopped me.

"thank you."

"for what?"

"not killing me today."

"oh, trust me i was very close."

"i know. if you're like this before your wedding, i would probably kill you."

"ariana says she'll have someone taze me."

valentina laughs before saying, "thanks for not doing that and for being my maid of honor. i love you to bits and pieces."

"of course, i love you sis."

there was a moment of silence before she speaks again.

"so, when do you think sonny's gonna pop the question?"

"val!"

"what? you've known each other for two years and a half years. you've been together for, what a year and a half now. you live together and he's your person, i've never seen you so happy. plus, he doesn't treat you like shit, he cares so much for you, he wants the best for you always."

"i don't know when he's gonna pop the question val, i mean i guess it'll happen, when it happens i guess. we're just enjoying our lives right now."

"so a lot of sex, huh? is it really that good?"

"i'm leaving!" i say going to the front door to leave.

"see you tomorrow, bright an early! don't stay up too late." she says as she then winks at me.

"if you weren't getting married tomorrow, i'd come after you with a pot right now."

"i love you!" she yells as i leave and head home.

~~~~

i walk into mine and sonny's shared apartment as he looks up from one of his notebooks as he sits on the couch and smiles at me.

"look who's finally home."

"i wish bella went into labor. that was a nightmare."

i sat on the couch as he pulls me into his chest and presses a kiss to my cheek.

"how bad could it possibly be?"

"which part do you want to hear? my sister yelling for twenty minutes about the napkins and centerpieces or how she asked me about our sex life, which i just left at that point?"

"okay, i think i've heard enough." he chuckles.

after a few minutes of just him holding me in his arms, while studying, i spoke again.

"ariana says she would get someone to taze me if i were to pull a bridezilla on our wedding." i say as he bursts into laughter.

"you want that?" he asks still laughing.

"hell yeah, it'll snap me back into my place."

"whatever you say sweetheart." 

he pressed a kiss to my head before i tilted my head upward to kiss his lips, which after a few kisses, led to him throwing his notebook across the room, flipping me over on my back causing me to squeal, as we continued to make out on the couch.

after both our shirts were off our bodies, and somewhere in the room, he pulled away.

"you know what, fuck it." he says throwing me over his shoulder causing me to laugh.

"where are we going?"

"to have some mind blowing sex in the shower and then in our bedroom." he replies as he walks.

he sets me down in the corridor and well, those events took place.

i definitely didn't take my sister's advice and go to bed early that night.

oops.